Do you still train with athletes foot?

You hope you made the right choice? Because missing a couple classes (if you treat it quickly and properly) is going to forever stunt your growth as a grappler? Had you gone and potentially given someone else ringworm, you'd be a giant dick.

athletes foot doesnt turn into ringworm

Athlete's foot is a type of ringworm. It's all a Tinea fungus, with certain versions preferring certain areas of the body.

And you bet your ass athlete's foot can also transfer to hands, at the very least, in addition to other people's feet.

:rolleyes:

athlete's foot, jock itch, and ringworm are all classified as Tinea infections. the symptoms are a little different depending on where the infection manifests (open skin, groin, or feet) hence the different names. it's the same thing, and tinea of the feet (athlete's foot) CAN be spread to open skin (ringworm) on your partners.

dont train until it's gone.

:rolleyes:

athlete's foot, jock itch, and ringworm are all classified as Tinea infections. the symptoms are a little different depending on where the infection manifests (open skin, groin, or feet) hence the different names. it's the same thing, and tinea of the feet (athlete's foot) CAN be spread to open skin (ringworm) on your partners.

dont train until it's gone.

Mate I think you take it a bit too seriously athletes foot is hardly contagious and easily treatable you make it sound like AIDS.

Mate I think you take it a bit too seriously athletes foot is hardly contagious and easily treatable you make it sound like AIDS.

athletes foot is very contagious. What are you on?

I sincerely hope you're just trolling.

I sincerely hope you're just trolling.

He's like a child that asks a question, and just keeps saying, "nuh uh" when they get an answer they don't like. Those types are too dumb to listen to good advice and are probably going to do what they want anyway, despite what they've been informed of.

Troll or fool, this thread is pointless.

He's like a child that asks a question, and just keeps saying, "nuh uh" when they get an answer they don't like. Those types are too dumb to listen to good advice and are probably going to do what they want anyway, despite what they've been informed of.

Troll or fool, this thread is pointless.

I took your advice! Can I train at all like go run or lift weights?

I took your advice! Can I train at all like go run or lift weights?

Running is fine. You can lift, but no bare feet in the locker room, or anywhere else in the gym if you're someone who likes to lift barefoot.

Change your socks and wash your feet after exercising and use whatever topical medication you have after you dry your feet. Sweaty socks are prime growing areas for a fungus like athlete's foot.

If it's not an advanced case it's not going to take 6 months, but usually you need to treat it for at least a week, until symptoms disappear, and then another week to make sure it's all gone, so minimum time off the mat should be at least two weeks. You should consult a doctor if you need to.

So your telling me I cant train for 6 months? no way, I'm going back to training next week not 6 months.

Just piss on your feet, just before you go on the mat. Safety first bro

a little dab of toilet bleach will do the trick, it WILL sting, but after one treatment the infection is killed, then you just need to wait til the scab falls off before training again.

dont use too much a cotton bud's worth (q-tip if your american) and avoid getting too much on "clean" skin

This thread makes me want to administer corporal punishment.

WOW,
I probably would have trained before reading this thread.

I really didn't think it was a contagious thing and so yeah train away, but now i think about it the treatment I used for it was the same one I have heard recommended for ringworm.

Had it ages ago before doing any BJJ. Its not that hard to get rid of nor does it take all that long, so just do some strength or cardio work while it heals, you know you need to anyway. PLus introducing infections to your training partners increasing the chance of them giving it back to you once you are healed.

Having only two dick heads per academy who train with infections could really see something like this being an issue for many months for everyone at the gym.

Nahh. He's not a very fungi. Get it ?

Adding "get it" to any joke kills it instantly.

If it's not an advanced case it's not going to take 6 months, but usually you need to treat it for at least a week, until symptoms disappear, and then another week to make sure it's all gone, so minimum time off the mat should be at least two weeks. You should consult a doctor if you need to.

I didn't have an advanced case but the doctor said the antifungal cream needs to be used for 6 months. You won't be able to see any evidence of it after a while but the foot can still be infected.

In the same way you have to keep taking antibiotics for 9 months if you have TB even if you don't feel the symptoms any more. The difference being that the fungi don't become more resistant and aren't killed by antibiotics.

You are more likely to get it in the showers than from training. You are also more likely to get it if the mats are not cleaned properly.

I got it just before I got my knee popped in a competition so I didn't train for 3 months. The symptoms of the athletes foot were gone so I went to train because I couldn't bare to wait another 3 months not training.

Back