Do you still support Paul Daley's ban?

I support the ban and still do.

Daley was dumber than a sack of shit for stalking koscheck with that after fight haymaker attempt.

Yes I support it. The sucker punch is one of the worst things in existence.

You have these stupid punks that are afraid to fight 1x1, and they'll puss out when you're face to face, but as soon as the tension dies and you start to walk away, these fuckers will suckerpunch you, and then stand over your limp unconscious body and yell "you just got knocked the fuck out!" Like it was some sort of accomplishment. I'm like, "Motherfucker, you're the one that just pussed out 30 seconds ago when we were squared up. The only way you can ever win a fight is by throwing when someone's not looking."

So yes, I hate everything that contributes to that culture. Everyone needs to know that sucker punching is a bitch move. Fortunately Kos, was able to get his hand in the way, but what if he didn't see it coming? He could have been seriously injured. Taking a full force shot from a professional fighter when you're completely unprepared and relaxed is a recipe for permanent brain damage.

Fuck Paul Daley for the rest of his life. I'm glad he's banned, and I'm glad that he sucks at fighting so that nobody's even asking for him to be allowed back in the UFC. Except for a few crazy people ITT
How many after fight assaults of this nature have occurred since Daley was perma-banned? I think the Dana’s argument has merit.
Yes I still support the Ban.

Do any of you see other fighters sucker-punch opponents AFTER THE FIGHT is over?

No, you don't.

Daley committed a grave sin and paid for it.

Did Dana overreact? Probably.

But considering that no one ELSE has pulled that shit since that incident, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that Dana's decision may have provided an actual deterrent from others trying to copy Daley. In other words, you pull that shit, you're gone.

Sergio Pettis got kicked in the balls by Ryan Benoit after being finished.

This is far worse than what Daley did. Not only was Benoit not punished, but he’s still on the UFC roster to this day.

Daley’s ban, like Jason High’s, is just another example of the arbitrary punishment and bullshit double standards that the fighters are subjected to. Can’t wait for the day when Dana finally gets his comeuppance for the way that he’s treated these guys.

Fedorgam:

Your post was probably the most self-righteous pile of garbage that I’ve read on this forum.

LOL at the notion that a ridiculous organization like the UFC, which profits on crassness and vulgarity, does anything to uphold societal mores RE honor and respect. Fuck, they’re promoting UFC 229 by using the footage of Conor endangering other fighters’ livelihoods by throwing that dolly.

If you’re so morally driven, how the fuck are you even a fan of this clown show sport?

Last edited:
sure, let him back in. not like he threw a dolly through a bus or something.

He definitely deserved a suspension or something but a life time ban is pretty harsh. At the time I was a big koscheck fan so I was wholly on board, but looking back now meh, didn’t warrant a life time ban

Dana should let him back considering his standard for fighter infractions has dropped if Conor can walk for throwing a metal dolly at a fighter bus injuring fighters to point their unable to fight, he can surely forgive Paul for delivering a love tap to Koscheck in a heated moment, Conor's deal was a planned attack.

I hope you aren’t under the impression that these are wise words you’re doling out. Sounds like a generic cop-out for someone too stupid to analyze the particulars of a situation.
I think you’re confused. I was responding to someone who doesn’t want particulars of a situation to have any influence...

Back