Do you still hang out with any of your friends from high school?

I'm still in high school, but I don't have any friends.

Sorry to hear that man, what grade are you in? If there are some sports you can still get into, or some clubs you can join do it. Youre gonna miss out on some good times if you go all the way through hs without any friends. Im guessing youre into mma, see if you can get on the wrestling team, or find a local bjj school and maybe some guys your age will train there. Best of luck man.

I think tsarcasmic just trolled all of you

Yeah all my best friends are from middle school actually. I've made new friends along the way but still consider the originals my closest friends. We just have so much history and our senses of humor click on much higher level than my newer friends.

just 1

some of the others are married and doing their own thing. The rest are dead, in jail, or on their way to one or the other.

I keep in touch with 3-4 high school pals, but I don't live in my hometown/state anymore, so I rarely see them these days.

I'm sorry to tell you, but you're going to become another statistic.

Just take solace in the fact that I won't whine about it on facebook and twitter when I decide to off myself.

what an absolute cockbag thing to say to a hs kid. the fuck dude.

It didn't bother me. I'm a fan of that kind of sardonic, asshole humor.

Sorry to hear that man, what grade are you in? If there are some sports you can still get into, or some clubs you can join do it. Youre gonna miss out on some good times if you go all the way through hs without any friends. Im guessing youre into mma, see if you can get on the wrestling team, or find a local bjj school and maybe some guys your age will train there. Best of luck man.

I think my post might have given the wrong impression; I should've provided more context. I'm more than okay with not having friends, and my situation is largely by choice. I'm not big on forming deep connections with many people, I prefer surface-level relationships. I have quite a few casual acquaintances who I talk to at school, but I prefer to spend my free time alone. I've had two closer friendships during my time in high school, but I moved 2 years ago and haven't made an effort to form close relationships during this time.

I'm in grade 12. I train MMA 5 days a week. I was on the wrestling team at my old high school, but the school I'm at now doesn't have one (which is really strange and frustrating, considering it's in the top 3 most populous high schools in Canada). I appreciate the concern but I'm just an introvert who prefers casual-acquaintanceship over deep interpersonal relationships.

I'm still close with a lot of my high friends. Actually at this point, I probably spend more time with them then my college friends. One person went to my HS and college though so idk how she counts.

I just graduated college though so we will see how long I keep in touch,

Just take solace in the fact that I won't whine about it on facebook and twitter when I decide to off myself.

Thank god, as I don't have either.

My two best friends from high school are still my two best friends. We hang out whenever we can.

I'm only 22 and graduated in 08', but I rarely see people from my school now. They're still big friends of mine, as we've studied for 12 years at the same school and shared some good moments. The thing is I feel they kind of stayed the same since school and I feel I've changed a lot since then. We all got into college and my hobbies aren't the same as theirs anymore, so apart from remembering the good times, there's not a lot in common between us anymore. My classmates and I meet up eventually, but there's some guys I only see twice a year... and to be honest, for the most part, I don't even like going to these meetings.

(Not counting my girlfriend that is, she was from my class as well)

yup a select few. i graduated in 2007 and we try to always get together for the holidays and 1 or 2 trips a year.

Yes of course I got a tight knit group.

Actually they went to high school with me but I've known 2 of them since kindergarten (My 2 best friends) along with my cousin who I also consider a best friend.

Then I have other guys in the group who I don't consider "best friends" but still real close with them. These guys I've known since elementary or beginning of high school.

It's actually the people I met at Uni that I don't talk much to.

Schools kicking my ass right now though, and I probably see them once or twice a week if that.

Yup, my core group of bros, we all still hang out on a regular basis.

The thing with me with my high school friends is that they are school friends only. What i mean is that back then in high school, we were together during school time. We always play basketball after school(of course at the ouside bball courts in school). But as go hang out with them during the weekends, nope never hang out with them. All my friends hang out together during weekends, whether its party, going to the beach, or just play ball. I only found out when its monday and they always talk about it. I was never invited by any one of them. I considered myself as a strap hanger. Even during graduation day, i was physically with them but i was invisible to them.

So i never seen them again. One of them did contact me cuz he was a relative. Invited me to a party with school friends. I decline. Why should i go, i am gonna be ignore anyway.

Back