Do you still consider Frankie to be the best LW?

RyRoBBBJJMT

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I have seen this opinion quite frequently actually, and would like to hear the reasons why.
I personally think this could definitely be true. I scored the second fight for Frankie and Benson looked fantastic against Nate, but Nate has losses to the likes of Herems Franca, Clay Guida, and Joe Stevenson.
Help me make sense of this, I can't figure out who I consider the best at LW

all these guys, maynard, bendo, frankie, pettis, maybe cerrone, can swap a win or loss out over each other every other fight, going by the facts, it's Bendo.

Do i consider Frankie to still be the best LW? No, I think Frankie beat Bendo the second time though.

Depends on what happens with Pettis and Melendez this year. I think by the end of 2013 we'll have a pretty solid answer.

Pettis is Bendo's last loss, and Melendez has been considered one of the best LWs for a long time. Bendo is obviously the champ and him and Frankie are pretty much dead even no matter how you slice it up. So right now I don't think there's a definitive answer.

The top 3 LW's can pretty much all beat each other and Frankie is definitely a top 3 LW.

The best fighter in any weight class is the one with the belt one.
Everything else would just be pointless speculation.

The best LW right now is Benson Henderson. The best of all time is BJ Penn. I think the best within the next year or so will be Gilbert Melendez.

I thought Frankie won both fights, so I personally do think he is. He had an incredibly impressive run with the belt. Bendo is a very close second. He's well on his way to taking that spot.. but I'd never change the title on a really close decision so I feel like Edgar should still have it.

I think Frankie and Benson could fight each other 10 times and at the end of it we would still be left scratching our heads as to who is the better fighter. I'm a big Frankie fan and i believe he won both fights, the second without a shadow of a doubt, but i believe Benson would beat most contenders at 155 more clearly. Make of that what you will.

No I think Benson is but even if I didn't Edgar is a 145lber now. We will know if he is the #1 FW soon enough.

That's what happens when you try to play the point game and barely squeeze out decisions. The fighters with the belts are the ones putting on dominant performances.

Edgar is good but his fans will never give it a rest

He probably should have got the nod against Bendo the second time, although he didn't really do much to prove that he was the better fighter. Very close and ambiguous fight.

And a fight that should have never happened because Bendo mopped the floor with him the first time. So no, Frankie's not the top lightweight. But that being said I have a feeling that he's going to decisively beat Aldo, so he's probably the best featherweight.

If we are judging by logical rankings based on wins, I would say Frankie/Bendo. I scored the first fight Bendo, second fight Frankie. However, I think that Pettis is the most skilled, and I think he's going to make it clear in his next 2-3 fights.

he is 1-1 with Bendo in my eyes, he isn't the best LW but potentially the best. Moving down to fight Aldo was a mistake on his part though. He has a better chance at the LW belt

Back