Do you still believe that Jones will kill it at heavy?

C0NCH3TO

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
After last night, do you think he has slowed down? How do you think he will do at heavy?

Imo Jones chin and stamina are incredible. He is a very smart fighter but he definitely looked beatable. Father time is taking over.

I see him winning fights at hw but he will also get ktfo. (Reyes winning the rematch is unlikely.)

If he does what GSP did(go against a journeyman whose style was easy to beat), then he would be champion.

I never thought that, so, no.

Honestly yes, heavyweight is extremely top heavy and Stipe/DC are getting old

His only real challenge would be Ngannou

Getting them heavy guys to the ground will be difficult.

Power too much for Jones. Can’t see Jones knocking somebody spark out, but he could gas people at HW and TKO

Nobody ever honestly believed he would dominate at HW. Just wishful thinking from his delusional fans. All the while ignoring the ped usage.

Stipe isn't as agile as Reyes I think but his size and unholy amount of power in close distance would leave Jones in a mess. He was practically running away from Reyes, Stipe may have him climbing out the octogon. Then again Jones can fight to the level of his opponent so maybe he'll suprise us all (USADA bless)

He doesn't seem to agree with you, that's why he refuses to become the HW and LHW champ. Imagine not wanting to be a two division champ and make a lot more money knowing you could.

He should cherry pick weak Heavyweights that are good match ups. Learn from the GSP master picker. If there is a short notice, fill in HW title fight where the winner is like an Arlovski or Struve, someone w/o KO power then he has his golden ticket.

He should cherry pick weak Heavyweights that are good match ups. Learn from the GSP master picker. If there is a short notice, fill in HW title fight where the winner is like an Arlovski or Struve, someone w/o KO power then he has his golden ticket.
What will that prove?

Jones has never impressed against guys that are around his height (6'3"+ and rangy) at 205, much less guys who are as tall as he is and naturally heavier. IMO, he gets smoked at HW.

He knows this, which is why he's content to be a big fish in s small pond at 205.

Last edited:
Could be hard to deal with the size and power at HW.
Would have a very significant speed advantage though, so who knows.

Volkan landed more TDs than Jones lol. Overall he was 2/9 last night. He's going to get nuts dumped on his head at heavyweight. Not that you should've ever believed any different.

Combine the fact that he basically has no hands, you realize he gets violently put to sleep.

How in the world do you think Jones can beat stipe?

Reyes and santos are nowhere near as skilled, as big or as dangerous stipe. It isn’t even close on any of those fronts.

reyes had Jones against the cage, shelling up and turning his back. Zero chance he survives a similar situation with stipe.

Heavyweight is mostly older guys and they are slower too because of the size. Jones would have an advantage and he has gr at IQ which would make him a tough out for anyone.

Blaydes could probably take him in a 3 rounder.

Stipe i think beats him but the rest are basically a wash IMO

How in the world do you think Jones can beat stipe?

Reyes and santos are nowhere near as skilled, as big or as dangerous stipe. It isn’t even close on any of those fronts.

reyes had Jones against the cage, shelling up and turning his back. Zero chance he survives a similar situation with stipe.

DC was jabbing away and picking Stipe apart for the better part of 3 rounds in their rematch, that coupled with the fact that Stipe tends to only box instead of kick as well makes me think Jones could outwork him for 5 rounds

Some of the guys are slow and have piss poor TDD so I can see him beating some of them.

He's not beating stipe unless the UFC instructs joe and dom to comment about everything jon is doing and then hire judges to score it for jon.

If he does what GSP did(go against a journeyman whose style was easy to beat), then he would be champion.

Jon can barely beat the journeyman in his own division who are natural MW’s

Back