Social Do you smoke?

My status is

• Total voters
I weened myself off by using a vape pen for when i was drinking. I only used it for like a month or two then got rid of that too. Just two months shy of 3 years since i have had a cigarette.

I've tried the vape pens, the patch, the gum, Chantix, I've tried all of it over the years. I think it comes down to the fact that even tho it's terrible for you, I really enjoy cigarettes. Even tho I try to quit, I don't know if I really want to. Good for you for giving them up, hopefully you never have another one

No, never, and I never will.

I used to work the tobacco fields of Southern Georgia and I loathed it every single day. On the ingredients of cigarettes you'll see "tar", that's the sticky residue that the plant creates. We had to use uncut bleach to get it off.
In La circa about 1983 I sprinted through a field running from a cop and ruined a brand new pair of sneakers and we were poor AF. Wish i knew bleach trick.

I've tried the vape pens, the patch, the gum, Chantix, I've tried all of it over the years. I think it comes down to the fact that even tho it's terrible for you, I really enjoy cigarettes. Even tho I try to quit, I don't know if I really want to. Good for you for giving them up, hopefully you never have another one
It's a mental game man. Depends on how much you care about your own health. There is nothing that could ever make me light up another cig. That said every once and a while I'll get a tiny craving if i walk past someone smoking and get a whiff of it but that never lasts..I would likely puke my guts out at this point if i took a drag. Nope never again. You may like it but you'd figure out pretty quickly that you won't be missing anything.

Last edited:
Have a cup of joe with your cig for the ultimate in morning relaxation.

More like the ultimate morning dump. Tho that can be quite relaxing...

It's cheaper to smoke weed than cigarettes for me these days anyhow.

I vape

in before people call me a h0mer for picking a healthier option

20 years ago

Used to, quit while my wife was pregnant.

Smoked cigarettes from age 16 - 29. Used e-cigs for 7 years now.

Nope. Can’t stand the smell of cigarette smoke either.
Have you ever got in your eyes? I'm out fishing and buddy smoking a big fat cigar hit my eyes and I was like bear sprayed. Watering and everything. I'm like you put that in your lungs? Anyway I just deal with it. They want to die let em.

Yes, unfortunately I enjoy it too much to quit.

Fungi,

Didn't you know that cigarettes contain benzopyrene, a chemical that leads to lung cancer?

We now know that when benzopyrene enters the body, it changes to benzopyrene diolepoxide (BPDE) and attaches to the receptors on the P53 gene, the gene which causes lung cancer.

The BPDE attaches to the P53 gene in three specific locations and causes pre-cancerous changes to the lung tissue.

Fungi,

Didn't you know that cigarettes contain benzopyrene, a chemical that leads to lung cancer?

We now know that when benzopyrene enters the body, it changes to benzopyrene diolepoxide (BPDE) and attaches to the receptors on the P53 gene, the gene which causes lung cancer.

The BPDE attaches to the P53 gene in three specific locations and causes pre-cancerous changes to the lung tissue.
Good lord this shit again

Back