Do You See Woodley Ever Getting His Belt Back?

Mixedfights

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I don't think so. WW is so stacked. I don't hate Woodley but I think it's going to be a mixed bag of wins/losses for him going forward.

Dana would have to give him a title shot for that to happen so I'll say no.

Yes.

He's a terrible matchup for the rest of the division.

Maybe Colby and Usman beat him, or maybe he beats em. But he is also 36 so you never know.

He might. I wouldn't be surprised if he would win a rematch against Usman. Dude didn't look like himself that night.

On the strength of his most recent performance... no.

More chance of him releasing a decent album than getting the belt back.

Hell no

Colby, Usman, Askren, Ponzinibbio, Masvidal, Zaleski, Luque all beat his ass easily

No way. He'll lose to Robbie in his next fight. Then probably move up to MW and get smoked by someone up there.

No. Even in many of his wins, he looks bad. I don't see him getting much better at his age. And he has two guys that can out work him at top of the division.

He's got all the skill to but I think time caught up to him. Besides that I dont think the boss likes him.

Last edited:
Hw will be 37 years old this month and fast twitch muscle fibers are the first to go. It's not in the cards.

Unfortunately no.

I don't even see him getting a title shot. UFCs gonna make him have to clean out the division first before even getting a title contention.

Him and Stipe don't realize the UFC is a dictatorship run by Dana. Talk shit on Dana and then they get surprised when they don't get a title shot.

Nope,... this is the age of 'buzz' gets the title shots, not skill or rankings anymore

No. He has been exposed. Pressure makes him lock up.

Yes... If Usman pops for steroids sometime over the next few weeks and gets stripped.

Otherwise, no. At his age it's only a matter of time before time catches him up time (if it hasn't already.)

i bet he could, if given the chance. but dana doesn't want him anywhere near the belt lol.

No. He'll probably lose his next few fights to guys you've never even heard of and be (or should be based on ability) cut. When guys start losing at an old age, they decline FAST. It's never gradual.

It's just something that you learn if you've been watching the sport for a long time. Once an old guy looks old and loses a fight, he starts losing to everyone, even the worst guys in the division. It happens almost every time.

Nah, Woodley had been very lucky for a while with decisions going his way, his luck has ran it's course.

Back