Do you see Askren retiring soon?

he has already retired before
so yes, he is closer to retiring than not

Yes his striking is not good enough and his body is soft as hell no matter how strong he is which makes him easy to KO and toss over your head. Muscles stabilize the neck among other things, such as helping you not look like a girl when you strike.

His cardio is great because of that body type and its genetics.

I though it was 50/50 immediately after the KO vs Mas but seeing him on Helwani’s show, it’s clear that he’s not giving up.

Ben has taken substantial damage in the past few months. I don't care for Ben as a fighter but I respect him. I say hang it up, let Ben enjoy his life remembering who his wife and kids are and nobody would argue he would be one of the best coaches in the game. A Robbie without ring rust and a Herb Dean actually paying attention would have ended that fight differently. Jorge just capitalised on the fact he and anyone with a brain knew that Askren was operating on borrowed time in the UFC and a brutal KO was awaiting him.

Not to mention his dad jokes and 1980s humor make Henry Cejudo seem watchable.

So a guy who was undefeated and on the cusp of a titleshot should retire after 1 KO loss. Wtf sherdog.

We’ll he already retired once.

Something tells me that Ben hardheaded and will keep competing.I think even in victory he takes tremendous damage from these quick, athletic guys.

Should fight Maia next. At worst he gets choked out.

Either Maia or Wonderboy would be real interesting.

Jesus, TS. This suddenly comes up because Askren was caught by a knee?? I love Masvidal, but this could also have been Askren wrestling him to a one sided decision.

You do realise Askren was on an amazing win streak, And just finished Lawler in his last fight??

Last edited:
He can have all the cardio he wants if he’s getting murked every fight it doesn’t matter. Lawler almost threw his soft ass out of the arena.

Do you honestly believe he got murked because he didnt have noticeable muscles lol

I would be surprised if he is still fighting two years for now. He retired once and was vocal about the fact that a shot in the UFC would be the only reason he would come back. So he had one foot out the door already. He's also been open about the fact that he has been out of his physical prime for a little while now

We will see. He won a fight against a really tough guy in Lawler and lost a fight due to a one in a million offering from Masvidal. He could be the champion one day, a gatekeeper, or not even in the running.
2 concussions in 7 months.

If it goes well 4-7 fights more, if it goes bad 2-3 fights.

If he can still make money, why not? theres always bellator

From the last two fights, I don't think Askren is UFC-caliber. And I do think he beat Lawler.

So a guy who was undefeated and on the cusp of a titleshot should retire after 1 KO loss. Wtf sherdog.

Ben didn't just lose.... In the Masvidal fight and the Lawler fight, he took an insane amount of damage and the talent only gets steeper on the way up. Who have you seen lately besides Luke Rockhold who has been destroyed that hard in the octagon in consecutive performances? I don't care if he retires or not but if he is trying to avoid the CTE that will turn his brain into mash potatoes and end up like BJ Penn trying to submit a bouncer at a strip club at 3 am in an alley than that's up to him.

Joe Rogan needs to have him on his podcast and give him the same speech he gave Brendan Schaub, the "You'd Be Surprised" speech.

Ben didn't just lose.... In the Masvidal fight and the Lawler fight, he took an insane amount of damage and the talent only gets steeper on the way up. Who have you seen lately besides Luke Rockhold who has been destroyed that hard in the octagon in consecutive performances? I don't care if he retires or not but if he is trying to avoid the CTE that will turn his brain into mash potatoes and end up like BJ Penn trying to submit a bouncer at a strip club at 3 am in an alley than that's up to him.

Joe Rogan needs to have him on his podcast and give him the same speech he gave Brendan Schaub, the "You'd Be Surprised" speech.

Who has beem murked and come back?

Jose Aldo
Lyoto machida
Thiago Santos
Mark hunt
Overeem
Arlovski

Joe rogan was an asshole for having that convo with Schaub on air.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back