Elections Do you see any possible scenario where Trump wins in 2020?

Why should an Asian, even more so if he is a business owner, vote Democrat? Just because a bunch of "people of color" and gays are on that side?

No, they shouldn't care about whether people of color, et al. are on that side. But count me unsurprised that that is where your mind went to: identity politics.

They should vote Democrat because the Democrats unarguably have better policies per just about every qualified appraisal, be it by economists, scientists, legal experts, consumer advocacy groups, social scientists, or just about anyone with a brain, and the last several Republican administrations, but this one most of all, have been policy disasters and have been marred by corruption and conflict of interest in doling out massive tax cuts, government appointments, and regulatory favors to powerful private interests. As far as his status as a business owner, the proof is in the pudding: Democratic administrations have been favorable to small business, while Republican administrations have been favorable to massive corporations.

Trump has accomplished so much that he is the first President in modern history to never average 50% in the polls?
The fourth branch of govt (the media) is a real thing. Luckily the ‘boy who cried wolf’ syndrome is also a real thing and people are onto the fact that the fourth branch has been operating in bad faith for some time.

What gaffes are you talking about? What are the 3 biggest ones?

Answer my question and I'll answer yours. It's a very simple question - when I suggested he made a series of gaffes and faux pas, you responded with "if you say so", which is inferring that I'm wrong.

Yet now you don't seem to have the confidence to definitely state something that you seemed very confident about in your first post. Don't dick tuck, just answer the question.

No, they shouldn't care about whether people of color, et al. are on that side. But count me unsurprised that that is where your mind went to: identity politics.

They should vote Democrat because the Democrats unarguably have better policies per just about every qualified appraisal, be it by economists, scientists, legal experts, consumer advocacy groups, social scientists, or just about anyone with a brain, and the last several Republican administrations, but this one most of all, have been policy disasters and have been marred by corruption and conflict of interest in doling out massive tax cuts, government appointments, and regulatory favors to powerful private interests. As far as his status as a business owner, the proof is in the pudding: Democratic administrations have been favorable to small business, while Republican administrations have been favorable to massive corporations.

Yeah, voters live in two different universes. Republicans can't even comprehend how little most liberals care about culture-war bullshit, and liberals can't really comprehend how obsessed with identity politics Republicans are.

Why should an Asian, even more so if he is a business owner, vote Democrat? Just because a bunch of "people of color" and gays are on that side?

giphy.gif

He's probably Japanese, you asshole.

<Deported1>

Disclaimer: I am Asian so no waisis.

awesome...good to see more of my brethren on this forum. especially the type that have swore allegiance to a political ideology that conflicts with ours.

giphy.gif

He's probably Japanese, you asshole.

<Deported1>

Disclaimer: I am Asian so no waisis.

LOL, this post had me in stiches. Pretty darn accurate too!

His poll numbers are indeed garbage for the strength of the economy. With these polls being over a year out from election day that he won't win but it does mean Trump has a lot of work to do if he wants to get re elected.

Who gives a shit? The media overhypes everything to suit their narrative.

If he's really a white nationalist Nazi as they claim, he's gotta be the worst one in history (relative to his level of power).

Story today how Trump's numbers are so bad they are hiding bad internal polling that trump is hurting Republicans down the ballot

I think he will surely lose the popular vote again. Because he is the only president to never poll favorably during his entire term and the people who are against him will be motivated to vote. If he somehow wins again despite an even larger gap in the popular vote I think the electoral college will become a huge political issue.

It’s hilarious how easily you goofs bite on the propaganda. For instance,

Reality - Republicans win both elections in NC this week.

Headline - Election results are bad for Trump.

<{hughesimpress}>

It’s over for him. I think I just saw the walls closing in...

I think he will surely lose the popular vote again. Because he is the only president to never poll favorably during his entire term and the people who are against him will be motivated to vote. If he somehow wins again despite an even larger gap in the popular vote I think the electoral college will become a huge political issue.
Trump will do something desperate to stir shit up even though he'll claim its all good. My guess is pence gets dumped.

2) A lot of people (including myself) just wanted to see what a Trump presidency would look like. What would happen if a complete political outsider was elected? Politicians are always breaking their promises... maybe he'll be different. He's rich as fuck and doesn't need to take dirty money from anyone... maybe he'll actually look out for the little guy. Well, the bloom is clearly off the rose at this point - he won't have that "novelty" factor going in.

3) Where once he was a fresh candidate full of exciting promises and intrigue, now he's proven to be complete disaster and racked up countless gaffs and faux pas over the last 3 years. No, he's not going to "drain the swamp" - if he was, he'd have done it by now.

These points are key and if people were logical and open minded in ANY way, as you seem to be in your admissions, then I would absolutely agree you're spot on.

However, it does seem like a huge majority who had the same thoughts as you heading into the last election have simply doubled down in their support. They pretend he's kept his promises, fought against the deep state, represented the common people, and worked for whats best for the country. Literally every single fact proves all that false, as he's been a complete disaster from the start with lies and embarrassments every single day. But people have actually convinced themselves he's done a good job based on 1 thing.... annoying liberals. It's hard for people to admit they were wrong, seems easier for most to live in a fantasy world where he's been competent in any way.

from europe it looks like he wins easily and that the top democrats are a bunch of howling loonies.

Think about how disturbed a right wingers brain is when they say things like

“Have you seen the Dem field, they’re all terrible” as they cast a vote for trump.

You can’t make this type of stuff up. It’s so insane it’s hard to wrap your head around.

“Have you seen the Dem field, they’re all terrible” as they cast a vote for trump.

You can’t make this type of stuff up. It’s so insane it’s hard to wrap your head around.

That really goes to show you how crazy and bad the Democrat candidates are, if they make Trump look sane.

Trump will do something desperate to stir shit up even though he'll claim its all good. My guess is pence gets dumped.
Pence isn't going anywhere lol. Pence was the token given to the religous right to overlook what an immoral person Trump is.
On what grounds would he get rid of him? As far as I can tell he doesn't do anything but go to church and look like he's got a stick up his ass.

You don't have to make stuff like that up because its what people have done since we have had elections. Act shocked and superior about it if you must.

A lot of those things are because Democrats are uncooperative crybabies who wont work with the big bad orange man.

Everything else he campaigned on, he’s doing. Hands down the best President of our time.

Ah yes. When you are the president, excuses are ok.

Answer my question and I'll answer yours. It's a very simple question - when I suggested he made a series of gaffes and faux pas, you responded with "if you say so", which is inferring that I'm wrong.

Yet now you don't seem to have the confidence to definitely state something that you seemed very confident about in your first post. Don't dick tuck, just answer the question.
I’m quite confident. But I keep hearing that “fine people on both sides” is some sort of gaffe. But a proper analysis of that situation leads to the conclusion that he was 100% correct. So I’m just trying to see if we can get our base material on the same footing and go from there.

Back