Elections Do you see any possible scenario where Trump wins in 2020?

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by IGotAHugePeckah, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Trotsky

Trotsky Gold Belt

No, they shouldn't care about whether people of color, et al. are on that side. But count me unsurprised that that is where your mind went to: identity politics.

They should vote Democrat because the Democrats unarguably have better policies per just about every qualified appraisal, be it by economists, scientists, legal experts, consumer advocacy groups, social scientists, or just about anyone with a brain, and the last several Republican administrations, but this one most of all, have been policy disasters and have been marred by corruption and conflict of interest in doling out massive tax cuts, government appointments, and regulatory favors to powerful private interests. As far as his status as a business owner, the proof is in the pudding: Democratic administrations have been favorable to small business, while Republican administrations have been favorable to massive corporations.

Sohei and Jack V Savage like this.
  2. Bargey

Bargey Silver Belt

The fourth branch of govt (the media) is a real thing. Luckily the ‘boy who cried wolf’ syndrome is also a real thing and people are onto the fact that the fourth branch has been operating in bad faith for some time.

3. IGotAHugePeckah

IGotAHugePeckah Black Belt

Answer my question and I'll answer yours. It's a very simple question - when I suggested he made a series of gaffes and faux pas, you responded with "if you say so", which is inferring that I'm wrong.

Yet now you don't seem to have the confidence to definitely state something that you seemed very confident about in your first post. Don't dick tuck, just answer the question.

4. Jack V Savage

Jack V Savage Secretary of Keepin' It Real/Nicest Guy on Sherdog

Yeah, voters live in two different universes. Republicans can't even comprehend how little most liberals care about culture-war bullshit, and liberals can't really comprehend how obsessed with identity politics Republicans are.

WalkenWouldOwn likes this.
  5. LogicalInsanity

LogicalInsanity Love trumps hate. Marianne Williamson for Prez

awesome...good to see more of my brethren on this forum. especially the type that have swore allegiance to a political ideology that conflicts with ours.

glenwo2 likes this.
  6. PG29 red0 Jr

PG29 red0 Jr Brown Belt

LOL, this post had me in stiches. Pretty darn accurate too!

glenwo2 and Paradigm like this.
  7. Paradigm

Paradigm Gold Belt

Who gives a shit? The media overhypes everything to suit their narrative.

If he's really a white nationalist Nazi as they claim, he's gotta be the worst one in history (relative to his level of power).

glenwo2 likes this.
  8. Joe

Joe :l

Story today how Trump's numbers are so bad they are hiding bad internal polling that trump is hurting Republicans down the ballot

MikeMcMann likes this.
  9. Hungry Joe

Hungry Joe Green Belt

I think he will surely lose the popular vote again. Because he is the only president to never poll favorably during his entire term and the people who are against him will be motivated to vote. If he somehow wins again despite an even larger gap in the popular vote I think the electoral college will become a huge political issue.

10. bobgeese

bobgeese Gold Belt

It’s hilarious how easily you goofs bite on the propaganda. For instance,

Reality - Republicans win both elections in NC this week.

Headline - Election results are bad for Trump.

<{hughesimpress}>

It’s over for him. I think I just saw the walls closing in...

glenwo2 and Amerikuracana like this.
  11. Joe

Joe :l

Trump will do something desperate to stir shit up even though he'll claim its all good. My guess is pence gets dumped.

12. WalkenWouldOwn

WalkenWouldOwn Steel Belt

These points are key and if people were logical and open minded in ANY way, as you seem to be in your admissions, then I would absolutely agree you're spot on.

However, it does seem like a huge majority who had the same thoughts as you heading into the last election have simply doubled down in their support. They pretend he's kept his promises, fought against the deep state, represented the common people, and worked for whats best for the country. Literally every single fact proves all that false, as he's been a complete disaster from the start with lies and embarrassments every single day. But people have actually convinced themselves he's done a good job based on 1 thing.... annoying liberals. It's hard for people to admit they were wrong, seems easier for most to live in a fantasy world where he's been competent in any way.

Jack V Savage and Sohei like this.
  13. Fox by the Sea

Fox by the Sea Lighthouse keeper Platinum Member

from europe it looks like he wins easily and that the top democrats are a bunch of howling loonies.

glenwo2 and Amerikuracana like this.
  14. KONG-D'SNT-TAP

KONG-D'SNT-TAP Titanium Belt

Think about how disturbed a right wingers brain is when they say things like

“Have you seen the Dem field, they’re all terrible” as they cast a vote for trump.

You can’t make this type of stuff up. It’s so insane it’s hard to wrap your head around.

15. Too Rolling Stoned

Too Rolling Stoned White Belt

That really goes to show you how crazy and bad the Democrat candidates are, if they make Trump look sane.

glenwo2 likes this.
  16. Hungry Joe

Hungry Joe Green Belt

Pence isn't going anywhere lol. Pence was the token given to the religous right to overlook what an immoral person Trump is.
    On what grounds would he get rid of him? As far as I can tell he doesn't do anything but go to church and look like he's got a stick up his ass.

17. KONG-D'SNT-TAP

KONG-D'SNT-TAP Titanium Belt

Only in the alternate reality of a right wingers brain

WalkenWouldOwn likes this.
  18. Seano

Seano Hands of bone

You don't have to make stuff like that up because its what people have done since we have had elections. Act shocked and superior about it if you must.

glenwo2 likes this.
  19. 7437

7437 Yellow Card Yellow Card

Ah yes. When you are the president, excuses are ok.

20. Bargey

Bargey Silver Belt

I’m quite confident. But I keep hearing that “fine people on both sides” is some sort of gaffe. But a proper analysis of that situation leads to the conclusion that he was 100% correct. So I’m just trying to see if we can get our base material on the same footing and go from there.

glenwo2 likes this.