Elections Do you see any possible scenario where Trump wins in 2020?

Not "clearly," of course. No reason to overstate this. His approval rating is garbage for the strength of this economy. Nothing clear about it.
Clearly to me, and most non hardline left leaners

All but one candidate wants to decriminalize border crossings, it's a wrap.

you actually thought it'd be this 24/7 batshit crazy circus show???

<mma4>

Yes. Everyone did. I mean that. Only rhe idiots didnt see it and frankly those who have silarities to him.

The rest of us knew what was comming.

Who do you think can beat him?

if your were the Dem strategist, who would you pick to face Trump?

Amy Klobuchar

Her ideas aren't too nutty and
she can appeal to rural America

Tbh, that would be my pick too.

A woman,
Dem
Veteran
attractive
sound policies (not too insane)
and she's somewhat shied away, or have not participated in the white guilt, identity politics shit as some of the other candidates.

Tulsi would be my 2nd pick

Yes. Everyone did. I mean that. Only rhe idiots didnt see it and frankly those who have silarities to him.

I honestly thought he'd settle in and stop pretending to be an attention whore. I thought his cabinet would help him "become" presidential and govern a bit more properly.

Ever so briefly I thought this would happen... That hope evaporated rather quickly though...

I didn't think it'd be this fuckin' crazy all the time though...

Last edited:
I honestly thought he'd settle in and stop pretending to be an attention whore. I thought his cabinet would help him "become" presidential and govern a bit more properly.

Ever so briefly I thought he'd this would happen... That hope evaporated rather quickly though...

Thats understandable and the right thing to hope for.

I felt a wave of darkness come over the country and shed a quiet tear for it too.

Clearly to me, and most non hardline left leaners

You can get $110 for every $100 you're willing to risk on that. But of course you won't put your money where your mouth is because you're just a partisan bullshitter.

I completely understand the sentiment expressed in the OP. He’s an unpopular president and extremely unlikable outside of his base. I’d bet good money he loses the popular vote. But given his advantages (incumbent, strong economic fundamentals, relative peace in the world, etc) and the structure of the electoral college he absolutely can win. Unless the economy tanks or he has some massive military blunder he’ll be around a coin flip to win.

Conversations/threads like this really illustrate the need for massive political reform and short of that a need for strong political parties. If the GOP was actually worth a shit a guy like Trump never wins the nomination.

This. Murkan elections are a sham anyways. Trump is clearly not popular by a large margin. He'll lose the popular vote, but some vote-fixing will make it seem like it was 'really close' and the EC will elect him and everyone will pretend its real and not kayfabe.

You can get $110 for every $100 you're willing to risk on that. But of course you won't put your money where your mouth is because you're just a partisan bullshitter.
if by partisan you mean 'never voted for a GOP candidate for President ever' then i'm Partisan as can be

If you mean registered as a member of a political party and always go that way, you couldn't be possibly more wrong.

You tried tho

I think he probably wins if Biden gets the nom, and I'd put the odds of that at about 50/50.

Ever so briefly I thought he'd this would happen... That hope evaporated rather quickly though...

As somebody who had been following Trump for years could see this clown show coming from a mile away but I can't tell how many times during the campaign that people told me :

It's all an act!
He's just trying to get attention for now and he will change once he becomes President!
Don't worry he's from NYC he definitely won't be a hard core conservative if he becomes President!
If Trump becomes President he will settle down!
He will have competent people around him!

This. Murkan elections are a sham anyways. Trump is clearly not popular by a large margin. He'll lose the popular vote, but some vote-fixing will make it seem like it was 'really close' and the EC will elect him and everyone will pretend its real and not kayfabe.
Its always been the electoral college that decides the President, not California.

Well, his approval numbers are in the toilet, but he’s never had high approval.

He’s an incumbent with a good economy and no spectacular, Obama-esque opponent coming at him.

What should worry him is that he is currently under 40% in some states that he needs to win. But I’m sure the GOP will slander the shit out of whoever his opponent happens to be, and Trump’s base is definitely turning out, so it will end up being close in those states again.

I think he has a better chance this time than last time, but he still might not be a favorite come Election Day. We’ll have to see. A lot of time between now and then, obviously.

Lol, right, I mean, elect a clown, get a circus. Where is the surprise? Did people really think he was going to stop being the carnival huckster he’s been for 70 plus years?

Yes, because the only time a incumbent lost in our lifetimes was because of a third party candidate getting a lot of his votes i.e. Bush Senior and Perot. Incumbents just tend to win

Trumps election and presidency have been so different that I'm not sure previous comparisons are worthwhile.

If Biden gets nominated, Trump is pretty much given office for another four years.

I doubt Trump will win. Unless the democrats really go all in hardcore left with free college, reparations, gender nonsense etc. If they don't the Dems have a solid chance winning imho

if by partisan you mean 'never voted for a GOP candidate for President ever' then i'm Partisan as can be

If you mean registered as a member of a political party and always go that way, you couldn't be possibly more wrong.

You tried tho

You just claimed that "most nonhardline left leaners" believe that Trump winning is "clearly the likely outcome." The betting odds show that you're wrong, and I think partisanship is the likely explanation for why you'd hold such a foolish and easily disproved position, and why you'd be unwilling to stand behind the position (which indicates that you're saying something you don't really believe). Also, I've heard your claims before, but generally, your other posts contradict it.

If Biden gets nominated, Trump is pretty much given office for another four years.

IMO, if Biden is nominated, Trump's chances don't change at all relative to the other candidates. I think he's a little worse than even now.

I think it greatly depends on who gets the nomination. I suspect Biden will, and if that's the case, I believe he will edge Trump out.

Back