Do you remember when Ronda Rousey said...?

Ol'Ironhead

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Do you remember when Ronda considered herself, and wanted others to call her "THE Bantamweight Champion of the world" NOT "The women's Bantamweight champion of the world" ? I remember Dana even mentioning it back when the hype was all on Ronda, and I think Rogan was all into that as well if I can recall properly.

Did that mean she was to fight male bantamweights? Or the UFC just decided to forget there was a male bantamweight champion and ronda wanted to be known as the only bantamweight champ of the world? I never understood that. It just seemed like pure arrogance to me. Was she honestly that arrogant?? Would like to know if anyone else remembers this.

Last edited:
I think she truly believed that she could beat men in her weight class. She was very, very wrong.

FzDO56R.gif

How can this never get old?
When you talk shit so much, you better not lose because this is what happen, look at the Connor and Rockhold gifs in every post. For fuck sake people in his camp were saying Ronda could beat top guys in the ufc

When you talk shit so much, you better not lose because this is what happen, look at the Connor and Rockhold gifs in every post. For fuck sake people in his camp were saying Ronda could beat top guys in the ufc
It just amazes me after all this time, I laugh at it and enjoy it as much as I did seeing it live. It's a timeless work of art. Holly bless.

I remember when she said she would beat the whole division with one arm tied behind her back. Then she got her head kicked off.

if i recall correctly she said she could beat all the men but then said she would never fight them

How can this never get old?
I will never forget that moment in my entire life. I don't think I've felt happyness like that before and I honestly don't think I ever will.

LoL I literally started screaming at the top of my lungs and almost passed out. Holly Bless.

Do you remember when Ronda considered herself, and wanted others to call her "THE Bantamweight Champion of the world" NOT "The women's Bantamweight champion of the world" ? I remember Dana even mentioning it back when the hype was all on Ronda, and I think Rogan was all into that as well if I can recall properly.

Did that mean she was to fight male bantamweights? Or the UFC just decided to forget there was a male bantamweight champion and ronda wanted to be known as the only bantamweight champ of the world? I never understood that. It just seemed like pure arrogance to me. Was she honestly that arrogant?? Would like to know if anyone else remembers this.
You should draw a distinction between both divisions. Men's and women's.

There are so many reasons to dislike Rousey but you choose something perfectly reasonable.

I would have loved to see her try.

Also she said (seemingly seriously) that she could beat Cain, she was on another planet in terms of arrogance.

her only finish in the ufc in 5 fights, with a 3-2 record
And will go down in MMA history as one of the greatest and most celebrated finishes of all time.

Back