Do you remember/miss Unsolved Mysteries?

I love the creepy theme music.

Some of my favorite creepy tv theme music

[YT]?v=r_SAKcOuTpU[/YT]

[YT]?v=Mioevxb2CfA[/YT]
ell yeah. I love the Tales from the Darkside intro. I bought a few season DVDs of it a few years back

In Search Of > Unsolved Mysteries. Neither show was very good.

giphy.gif

Always scared me when Robert Stack was the host

Watched the Dennis Farina episodes and even though it was still creepy didn't feel as creepy

Good show

Hell yeah dude. Show would scare the living hell out of me as a kid.

I used to watch that as a kid. Can't say I miss it though. Don't know how you could miss a show that was all about unsolved crimes and missing persons. But it provided a service. Despite its theatricality.

I miss it because it was entertaining. And besides, as has specifically been pointed out a few times in this thread, it wasn't all about missing persons and murders. There were lots and lots of episodes about UFOs and ghosts and lost treasure etc.

You can get a lot of Unsolved Mysteries stuff on DVD but the pricing is weird.

For instance, the UFOs collection can be had for a mere $12.73:

http://www.amazon.com/Unsolved-Myst...1440701250&sr=8-3&keywords=unsolved+mysteries

But Ghosts is $58.95, and that's used:

http://www.amazon.com/Unsolved-Myst...1440701250&sr=8-5&keywords=unsolved+mysteries

Psychics is $119.99:

http://www.amazon.com/Unsolved-Myst...440701250&sr=8-11&keywords=unsolved+mysteries

And the winner is Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends at $599.99, whatever the fuck that's all about:

http://www.amazon.com/Unsolved-Myst...1440701250&sr=8-6&keywords=unsolved+mysteries

Crazy. I remember my room mate in the Marines had one of those sets. May have been the ghosts one. Of course this was 11 years ago now and it may have been more readily available.

There were episodes on YT, but those were taken down.

As a kid, my bro and I would watch Unsolved Mysteries all the time. They used to have UFO and alien stuff on there too and coupled with the creepy theme song, I think we wouldn't go to sleep.

They did an episode on the 2Pac and Notorious B.I.G. killings too

One of my favorites as a child growing up. As soon as I read the title the theme music jumped into my head.

I'd love to just get the whole series on DVD but it seems like no such thing exists.

There was this one guy who post them, he had a ton of episodes. He had recorded them from the original broadcast on VHS and uploaded them to the computer.

The 3 episodes that I recall vividly were.

Angela Hammond- Kidnapped from a payphone while talking to her BF. Her BF jumps into his car to see what has happened. As he is driving he could hear her scream in a pickup passing him on the opposite way. He throws it in reverse and his car dies on him. She is never to be seen again(No body, nothing).

I forget the name- But dude is buying some food, and is asked for a ride by this guy. He says fine, he gets to about a mile or so from his house and says, "sorry, this is as far as I can take you". The guy pulls out a knife and says you have to take me further than this! The driver takes the keys out of his car and runs on foot, the perp takes chase on foot. He gets to him, and the driver says "fine, fine, I will take you, don't hurt me". When the innocent driver gets into his car, he quickly takes off with the perp still outside. He drives around for a while, and decides to go home. As he is getting near, he see's the man walking out of his house! He takes off again. Calls the cops. Cops arrive, see that the man's mother has been murdered. Cops don't believe his story but there were those that saw this same man who asking for a ride. Plus it was later proven DNA showed it wasn't the son who killed the mother. This was in the late 80's or early 90's, DNA later caught the killer in the early to mid 2000's.

There was a UFO episode.

http://unsolvedmysteries.wikia.com/wiki/Frederick_Valentich

There was this one guy who post them, he had a ton of episodes. He had recorded them from the original broadcast on VHS and uploaded them to the computer.

The 3 episodes that I recall vividly were.

Angela Hammond- Kidnapped from a payphone while talking to her BF. Her BF jumps into his car to see what has happened. As he is driving he could hear her scream in a pickup passing him on the opposite way. He throws it in reverse and his car dies on him. She is never to be seen again(No body, nothing).

I forget the name- But dude is buying some food, and is asked for a ride by this guy. He says fine, he gets to about a mile or so from his house and says, "sorry, this is as far as I can take you". The guy pulls out a knife and says you have to take me further than this! The driver takes the keys out of his car and runs on foot, the perp takes chase on foot. He gets to him, and the driver says "fine, fine, I will take you, don't hurt me". When the innocent driver gets into his car, he quickly takes off with the perp still outside. He drives around for a while, and decides to go home. As he is getting near, he see's the man walking out of his house! He takes off again. Calls the cops. Cops arrive, see that the man's mother has been murdered. Cops don't believe his story but there were those that saw this same man who asking for a ride. Plus it was later proven DNA showed it wasn't the son who killed the mother. This was in the late 80's or early 90's, DNA later caught the killer in the early to mid 2000's.

There was a UFO episode.

http://unsolvedmysteries.wikia.com/wiki/Frederick_Valentich

I wish I could get my hands on those episodes that that dude had uploaded. And those are some pretty creepy episodes you listed, especially the one about the hitchhiker.

For whatever reason, I can only remember one episode--the ouija board episode I mentioned earlier in the thread--and that is it.

Crazy how much some of those go for. They seem really hard to come by. I can't even find them on Amazon prime.

Crazy how much some of those go for. They seem really hard to come by. I can't even find them on Amazon prime.

Yeah, it's pretty nutty. I went looking thinking I could find them for $15 a piece or something.

Well, hopefully I'm not violating any rules but YouTube has a FEW and veoh.com has like 4 episodes....

They air the new ones(well, older episodes, just new host) on lifetime. At times I will just go to my DVR and hit find show and DVR a bunch. But I hardly watch them. Just not the same without Robert Stack and that creepy theme.

Well, hopefully I'm not violating any rules but YouTube has a FEW and veoh.com has like 4 episodes....

I sailed the high seas a bit and found some stuff, though judging just from the comments it looks like the quality is pretty poor. I also found some interesting stuff on ioffer.com. I'm not really familiar with ioffer but it looks like everything is copies that have been burned to blank DVDs?

One thing that's a bit unfortunate is that it looks like EVERYTHING (even the official box sets) are individual segments from the show instead of complete show episodes.

I sailed the high seas a bit and found some stuff, though judging just from the comments it looks like the quality is pretty poor. I also found some interesting stuff on ioffer.com. I'm not really familiar with ioffer but it looks like everything is copies that have been burned to blank DVDs?

One thing that's a bit unfortunate is that it looks like EVERYTHING (even the official box sets) are individual segments from the show instead of complete show episodes.

Funny part is I have no issues paying to watch them online or buying the streams. But they even seem to keep THAT under lock and key. It's kind of creepy in itself that such an old show is being harbored so diligently.

Back