do you remember korn ?

cdd7f6b6848e7c53001693de4bc4c26b.gif
You either cannot be serious, are a millennial... or you're not from the US.

Used to be a big fan of the first 3 records when I was a kid. Didn't paid much attention after Issues.

Nowadays I don't listen to them because I'm an adult and their music does not resonate with me at all. I mean.. I'm just not that angry anymore.

I think SOAD was the better band of that era and style (kind of) and that Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park were complete trash.

Chili peppers were always hit ot miss for me. I used to rock Dookie by Green day back in 94 too,but i only listen to that every few yrs for nostalgia. Offspring was my jam more than any of this. Smash is still one of my fav records ever.

do you enjoy californication ?

Used to be a big fan of the first 3 records when I was a kid. Didn't paid much attention after Issues.

Nowadays I don't listen to them because I'm an adult and their music does not resonate with me at all. I mean.. I'm just not that angry anymore.

I think SOAD was the better band of that era and style (kind of) and that Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park were complete trash.
Wow just wow

People comparing Limp Bizkit to Korn ITT.

tenor.gif

FFS, the irony, I wasn't even a Korn fan, I was annoyed to hell by how much radio play they sucked up, but this isn't Nam....Dear God, there ought to be rules.

tenor.gif

FFS, the irony, I wasn't even a Korn fan, I was annoyed to hell by how much radio play they sucked up, but this isn't Nam....Dear God, there ought to be rules.
Now this we can agree on

We're pretty much on the same page.

I still like angry music,but theres a hell of alot better and angrier than Korn for me,if that mood hits me.
Limp bizkit and linkin park is pretty much hot garbage. SOAD actually had amazing dynamics and sense of melody on top of their strangeness.

I dont really like overly political music,but even when SOAD does that,you can kinda ignore it cos its so wacked out

tenor.gif

Both nu metal bud

Both nu metal bud
That doesnt mean they are of the same quality. Limp Bizkit really really sucked.

Aint no one sayin "man what great musicians!" about this weak ass pussy band

I kind a like the one dude Wes Borland who dresses all fucked up,that doesnt fit in the band at all,but they let him do it anyway.

I'm a millennial
I'm happy there's at least one with some god damn taste... I just had my ladies nephew telling me about an artist named Doja Cat that he put on. I smiled and listened, but in my head I kicked him out the door going 40mph.

I mean Korn was hot topic music. They literally sold their shirts there.
So did a ton of stores. The kids I knew in high school who were Korn zealots wouldn't be caught dead in anything from Hot Topic.

These kids were their own subculture. They were like (and a bit hard to tell from) the Mansonites in their long black trenchcoats who had their own social circles at lunch. They didn't wear the trenchcoats, but many Mansonites didn't either, and nobody wore trenchcoats after Columbine. They would also wear black fingernail polish and sometimes black lipstick-- though the latter was rare, and definitely more common with Goth kids or Mansonites. They were more likely to skateboard. The easiest way to tell them apart was the hair. Mansonites didn't rock dreadlocks.

I'm happy there's at least one with some god damn taste... I just had my ladies nephew telling me about an artist named Doja Cat that he put on. I smiled and listened, but in my head I kicked him out the door going 40mph.
I think those are zoomers, ppl in their 30s are millennials now

So did a ton of stores. The kids I knew in high school who were Korn zealots wouldn't be caught dead in anything from Hot Topic.

These kids were their own subculture. They were like (and a bit hard to tell from) the Mansonites in their long black trenchcoats who had their own social circles at lunch. They didn't wear the trenchcoats, but many Mansonites didn't either, and nobody wore trenchcoats after Columbine. They would wear black fingernail polish and sometimes black lipstick. They were more likely to skateboard. The easiest way to tell them apart was the hair. Mansonites didn't rock dreadlocks.
I feel like there was ALOT of intermixing between those subcultures.

Back