Do you really believe Islam is the next man up?

Congratulations, the most retarded opinion of 2020 yet.

Anyone can get knocked out. Islam ran into a full power counter-punch, and still didn't go fully lights out. Khabib has never taken a punch as hard as Islam did there, so for all anyone knows, Khabib's chin could be much worse.

But you people think of fighting in some anime power level shit, and therefore remain clueless and spout ignorant opinions. But real life isn't anime, and anyone can get unlucky.
So his chin's fine but his defense is shit? If he ran full onto a power punch it means he can't adequately defend himself.

So his chin's fine but his defense is shit? If he ran full onto a power punch it means he can't adequately defend himself.
Yes, shit defense with the least punches absorbed per minute in UFC history. Lmao.

Everyone can make mistakes. Anyone can get reckless. That says nothing about their "defense" if it happens once.

at this pace he will face a top 5 opponent when he’s 35

Second youngest top 15 LW Alhumdulillah

He probably won't be the "next" champion but soon after. Depends how long Dana continues the division without a vacant title fight. If there's a vacant title fight within 6-8 months I doubt Islam will fighting for it so soon but he'll take it from the next champ in a year or so.

If he fought more often, man hasn't fought in over a year and just cancelled his first ever main event.

Yes, shit defense with the least punches absorbed per minute in UFC history. Lmao.

Everyone can make mistakes. Anyone can get reckless. That says nothing about their "defense" if it happens once.
I'll be interested should that stat stand after Islam actually faces some top tier talent. Also be interesting to see your reaction when he gets dropped again, bad luck striking twice perhaps?

I'll be interested should that stat stand after Islam actually faces some top tier talent. Also be interesting to see your reaction when he gets dropped again, bad luck striking twice perhaps?
Also be interesting to see your reaction when Santa Claus drops by and gives me a brand new lamborghini.

He hasn't got the pressure of Khabib and backs up way too much

His striking is more polished albeit lacking volume.

If he can walk his opponents down and make it a crazy paced fight then he could he champ.

Also be interesting to see your reaction when Santa Claus drops by and gives me a brand new lamborghini.
So when Islam gets dropped and finished by a top tier opponent you'll be twice as sad as you still won't have a lambo? Ouch mate.

Him and Arman Tsarukyan might be up next but is hard to tell with the division as stacked as it is.
If he gets a dominant win over RDA we might see him climb the rankings, only thing that would worry me is his stand up but I think he improved since that martins loss.

Is he the next LW champion like Khabib says?
Everyone that talks about him (even those outside the camp) say that he’s outrageously talented. My fear is that he’s a practice player. There are some players (fighters) that can never quite put it together when the bright lights are on.

Not the next champ because he won't get a title shot for another 2-3 fights, but I don't see anyone beating him. His wrestling is as good as Khabib's and he can control anybody in the division, but he needs to improve his GNP and subs.

Honestly it was a bullshit stoppage. He took the big hit, went down (but not out), was anticipating the other guy jumping on him so he reacted appropriately, and then the ref stops it. It was absolute horse shit.
Not a fan of Islam but this is the correct.

I looked at his Sherdog Fight Finder record for strength of schedule, and not really impressive. I don't even remember watching any of his bouts and being impressed.

Back