Do you prefer Respect or Bad Blood

People want to see real regardless if its respect or bad blood. It has to be legit

Bad blood...yeah its fake sometimes but so is respect

I honestly dont really care either way. I just always hope both guys will go out and bring it during the fight. Nothing worse than guys who talk constant shit then do absolutely nothing during the fight or 2 guys that are too respectful and slap fives and hug the whole fight.

Bad Blood is pretty good to get you pumped for the fight, and it would be much better if they squash the beef after the fight. Like Rockhold/Bisping lately

The older I've got the less I've cared. Being in the UK the fights are on in the early hours and now I have a family I rarely stay up to watch them live, so I tend to just skip past all the hype and BS and just get to the fight. I find myself not bothering with the build up at all even purposefully avoiding it at times. So I choose neither if I'm forced to watch I guess I prefer respect even if fake as it's easier to watch without cringing.

Violence outside the ring is a criminal act and should be seen as such.
I was just as excited for Cain vs JDS 1.

Either is fine but too much respect can ruin a fight. Remember the Barry vs Crocop hugfest ?

Whatever feels real.

Normally respect but I guess Mikedh's answer is best, if you don't come off as genuine I don't want to watch or hear you promote the fight and have to cringe at what i'm seeing and hearing(like Stephan Bonnar's weird promotion before getting beaten up by Tito)

In regards to a match being hyped do you prefer to see two men who legitamitely do not like each other or do you prefer to see two guys who have respect for each other and can be cordial?

Personally I'm not entirely sure. I do enjoy seeing men shake hands and be polite. I just watched the most recent embedded (episode 4) and I have a lot of respect for Cerrone going out of his way to shake Jury's hand.

Thoughts?

I don't understand why we can't have both.
I might not like you. I might disagree with you.
I don't have to behave like a baboon and get into a fight in the lobby of a hotel.

Back