Do you prefer Respect or Bad Blood

I generally prefer respect unless the bad blood seems to be genuine, which it rarely seems to be. One moment that I though was kinda cool was when Machida and Thiago Silva didn't touch gloves when instructed. I don't know if there was any trash talking beforehand (Machida rarely trash talks) but you just got the feeling of contrasting personalities, that Machida basically viewed Silva as a thug and that Silva didn't care for Machida either. I don't know if that was actually the case, but it was a random bad blood moment that I enjoyed, especially since they were both undefeated at the time.

Respect, it helps MMA develop more as a true sport, less like a spectacle purely about violence and anger.

Meh, I miss when UFC would name their events like the WWE does. Very funny.

UFC Bad Blood Tito vs Ken

I agree. I remember watching Tito/Bonnar a few weeks ago and Bonnar kind of acted like a douche after the fights and I felt really sickened by it

Bonnar acted like a douche? Not Cheeto?

vnzG9z.gif

CSAC fines Tito Ortiz $2,500 for unsportsmanlike behavior at Bellator 131

:rolleyes:

Which do I prefer, respect or bad blood?

A good fight... could care less about the drama ...

Bad blood will always end in respect in this sport.

If you lose to someone you hate because they are better than you at the thing you love the most... how could you not respect that person?

I don't want fighters to bad moth each other, I want the complimenting each other, shaking hands, while bowing. Then when the fight starts to bow, hug, and shake hands. After the fight I want more bowing and hugging and compliments with more smiling, bowing, and hugging

I prefer the competition to be close.

I prefer respect before and after the fight, but want to see real aggression during.

I don't want fighters to bad moth each other, I want the complimenting each other, shaking hands, while bowing. Then when the fight starts to bow, hug, and shake hands. After the fight I want more bowing and hugging and compliments with more smiling, bowing, and hugging

The next level begins when they hug mid fight, like Barry - Cro Cop. Gotta love that respect...so much respect that it actually disrespected the sport and competition itself.

who the fuck prefers respect

and why did you capitalize both respect and bad blood

The bad blood theme adds something extra to a fight if it's legit. Respect is good as long as it doesn't dampen the fighting spirit of the fighters.

Hespect, but I really try and concentrate on the fights and how the fighters match up. I honestly avoided the 'Bad Blood' vids and the staredowns and shit. MMA beefs are cringe-worthy sometimes, especially when the fight doesn't live up to the hype.

I guess it falls under the respect category but I just want them to treat fights as business. Too mich admiration also makes it weird. Fedor was the best at this.

Back