Do you prefer Respect or Bad Blood

BrunswickMAF

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
In regards to a match being hyped do you prefer to see two men who legitamitely do not like each other or do you prefer to see two guys who have respect for each other and can be cordial?

Personally I'm not entirely sure. I do enjoy seeing men shake hands and be polite. I just watched the most recent embedded (episode 4) and I have a lot of respect for Cerrone going out of his way to shake Jury's hand.

Thoughts?

d3bd7d4e0150df19d47a9f8b773848f0bb8e50d9f1c99ace7b4b4f38245ff8c7.jpg

I care about the fighting. A small minority of us MMA fans aren't WWE cross over types who jerk off to manufactured drama.

I do, of course, form opinions about each fighter's likability. If fighters behave like douches, I regard them to be douches.

Depends on the fighters and their personalities

Whatever feels real.

This is a great answer. Bad blood is fine, if I believe it.

But for me, there's not much better than a guy like Condit who can love you like a brother then try and damage your brain the moment the clock starts.

I prefer respect, but there is a place for rancor between fighters.

So long as they bury the hatchet after the fight.

I care about the fighting. A small minority of us MMA fans aren't WWE cross over types who jerk off to manufactured drama.

Came here to post this, all I want to see is two world class fighters beat the shit out of each other I don't care one way or the other what they say before the fight

Bad blood, even when it is real, nearly always becomes respect in the end anyway.

So respect. I'm all for expediency.

I prefer respect, but there is a place for rancor between fighters.

So long as they bury the hatchet after the fight.

I agree. I remember watching Tito/Bonnar a few weeks ago and Bonnar kind of acted like a douche after the fights and I felt really sickened by it

Having seen Michael Bisping run his mouth and disrespect his opponent before every fight, only to hug them and compliment them afterwards, the 'bad blood' thing seems meaningless.
Who cares if they dislike each other? I guess a lot of people do because it supposedly sells fights.

Most conflicts between fighters are fabricated to sell tickets, so more often I prefer genuine respect. But the feud between Jones and Cormier seems legit and gives me tingles. I'm very anxious to see them fight, but I don't know why; it's not like they're going to try harder to win just because they don't like each other.

I'm interested in watching fights that make sense.

If someone talked his way into a title shot, that's fake.

Bad blood is often fake as well like Cormier and what's his name? The guy that made Cormier cry... Lol.

Fighters need to show respect imo. This sport isn't about savages.

variety is the spice of life.

In regards to a match being hyped do you prefer to see two men who legitamitely do not like each other or do you prefer to see two guys who have respect for each other and can be cordial?

Personally I'm not entirely sure. I do enjoy seeing men shake hands and be polite. I just watched the most recent embedded (episode 4) and I have a lot of respect for Cerrone going out of his way to shake Jury's hand.

Thoughts?

I prefer the two guys that make the best fight match-up. I don't care about the TMZ crap.

Back