Do you prefer Boxing to MMA?

I liked 90's boxing and MMA for a long time but now I'm bored of MMA all this humping and fake Conor McGregor so back to liking boxing.
Conor ruined it for me vs Cerrone.

After it was discovered you can stall high level grappling with only several months (to maybe a year or two) of grappling training in MMA, striking has become the funnest part of MMA to watch (if it werent already before that.)

Now you see the highest level badasses in MMA tend to have a couple things in common: takedown defense (or quick getup grappling nullification) and, moreso, the best hands in their weightclass. The best hands come from the guys who are the most talented at boxing, but aren't necessarily much as boxers themselves.

It was really fun for a while to see the style vs style experiment but now that we know which styles are the most efficient after 3 whole decades, it's time to get interested in what those most efficient arts are. I think it's very obvious which two those arts are now, boxing being one and the part of boxing that was severed from the rules of the ring via queensbury format...

Those are the two most beneficial and far most realistic parts to any actual fight from what we've seen before and what we have confirmed again now. In the ring and out.

Boxing from the amateur level on up to but not including top ranked champions is amazing. Most prizefights now are snoozefests. MMA can produce the best highlights and really cool grappling exchanges.

Back