Do you prefer Boxing to MMA?

Apparently theyve been getting alot of feedback towards a new Fight Night game. I think they are planning on a new one.

It's licencing that's the issue. UFC is easy to licence, it's basically a league like NBA, NFL etc.

With Boxing you literally have to combine promotions, or pick and choose individually, while leaving out fighters that are asking for too much.

It's licencing that's the issue. UFC is easy to licence, it's basically a league like NBA, NFL etc.

With Boxing you literally have to combine promotions, or pick and choose individually, while leaving out fighters that are asking for too much.
Theyve gotten it done before.

Was a keen fan of MMA, in particular UFC, years ago. But my interest has waned and boxing has always rated #1 for me.

The same reason they dont have Belichick in Madden.
They want a bunch of money
Belichick isn't in Madden?

Lol i didn't know that

Started off as more of a boxing fan. I preferred MMA for a few years. Now like boxing more again. There is too much shitty boxing in MMA still. There are tons of fighters that need to step in a real boxing gym and find out how shitty their habits are.

I'm a fan of Weili, but she was a good example a few nights ago. She's way too easy to hit.

I play Fight Night Champion all the time, but I was playing UFC 3 with my friends lately.
For HWs I use ... Dan Severn. My friends said for all the shit I talk about MMA, it pisses them off that I use the grapplers.

The thought of using Dan Severn in a video game and clinching with your opponent for 30 minutes straight just made me laugh.

The funny thing about the UFC games, when you play em with your buddies. Everybody HATES the whole grappling aspect (usually it's even triggered accidentally and no one knows what to do haha) and avoids it like the plague. "Just stand and trade with me, bro!"

We need a new Fight Night.

The funny thing about the UFC games, when you play em with your buddies. Everybody HATES the whole grappling aspect (usually it's even triggered accidentally and no one knows what to do haha) and avoids it like the plague. "Just stand and trade with me, bro!"

We need a new Fight Night.
Exactly...only nerds who are too far gone would want to be a humper

The intricacies of wrestling bro

I think at the highest level boxing is more cinematic, enjoyable & technically superior.

I love Mixed Martial Arts but opponents can have glaring holes or something and suddenly the fight isn't competitive. You don't have alternate routes to victory in boxing.

That being said, boxing is just more technically sound and most enjoyable to watch but I find myself having more conversations about MMA. I'm also really biased towards MMA fighters that clearly know a lot more boxing fundamentals/techniques than their counterparts (Romero, Garbrandt, etc,.). I still enjoy it even for it's "weaknesses" though.

I like both but I prefer MMA.

MMA has more fighting styles and has no stop action. In boxing there is always the referee that interrupts fighters for clinches, knockdowns, etc, in MMA the action goes on.

I find MMA more entertaining.

In addiction, there is corruption in boxing. Not always of course, but there is. There have been some big robberies, like both matches between Canelo and GGG or Kovalev-Ward 1. Also Kovalev was kinda robbed in the second fight against Ward because Ward landed some low blows.

There are robberies also in MMA, but in boxing there is much more corruption.

Both have the hype and the atmosphere of big events/fights.

Boxing is more hystoric.

I think at the highest level boxing is more cinematic, enjoyable & technically superior.

Highest MMA level are guys like Cejudo, Maia, Fedor, Khabib etc.
Fans might critique them, still facts are facts: all these had very serious training and achievments before they started compete in MMA.
----------
MMA does have one big problem that is called CAGE.
Ring allows clients easier observe fight than cage.
Mats without even ring I think are the best variant to rise wievership for MMA events.
-

I like both but prefer boxing. Did some jiujitsu in college but I just don’t see it as proper fighting, and it’s boring to watch.

I love both ....I follow Mma more closely because I like that the best actually fight each other regularly.....

Back