Do you prefer Boxing to MMA?

Yes. I'm just waiting for Barman to compare MMA fighters to how 'they just crawled out of a hole for a squirrel to eat' though. I like simple things.

It involves weapons, but I think Olympic fencing might actually be the top "striking" based combat sport when it comes to refined and technical precision. They use a little tip the size of your pecker head to target the heart for kill shots
That's technically true but I'm speaking of unarmed combat sports that involve striking. I guess I should've been more clear. Boxing just like fencing is a game of inches but due to the fists being used to strike there's a larger surface area so there's less precision than fencing affords.

Historically boxing was strongly influenced by fencing along with the striking found in other stand-up martial arts. Boxing/pugilism is the second oldest unarmed combat sport in the world, only wrestling predates it. That's a lot of time for refinement and that isn't even counting the financial incentive that motivates today's boxers to hone their craft and polish their technique.

Boxing has always been my sport.
That said, for a while there, during the Pride era, I was a pretty big MMA fan. Loved K1 too. MMA got boring to me when everyone started fighting the same way. Once the dramatic contrast of BJJ guy vs wrestler vs striker went away, the sport got kind of boring.

Boxing. It is the king of combat sports.

I prefer boxing fans over mma fans!
I agree with this completely

Maybe I've been lucky but the boxing fans I've encountered haven't thought the most recent winner of the most recent big fight is the GOAT every single time.

I agree with this completely

Maybe I've been lucky but the boxing fans I've encountered haven't thought the most recent winner of the most recent big fight is the GOAT every single time.
When this sport was 25 years old they did

When this sport was 25 years old they did

34 years

I mean the hyperbole is really out of control. Every big win is the greatest, everyone doing something slightly different is unstoppable and a GOAT. Every big fight is the biggest fight of all time.

34 years

I mean the hyperbole is really out of control. Every big win is the greatest, everyone doing something slightly different is unstoppable and a GOAT. Every big fight is the biggest fight of all time.
I don't see too much of that anymore. Maybe a few years ago but if anything people say it's too watered down now

Big fan of Boxing and Kickboxing/Muay Thai. MMA is ok but not a huge fan.

34 years

How can they not be the greatest when every single card is STACKED?

<30>

I don't see too much of that anymore. Maybe a few years ago but if anything people say it's too watered down now
Well, you can track the greatest FW of all time...it’s whomever has the belt currently.

Stupid commentary breeds stupid fans in both sports IMO.

I MEAN Aldo was the greatest ever, until he got KO’d, then Conor was the best ever for a while, followed in rapid succession by Max Holloway. I haven’t seen Volkanovski rated as the FW goat yet, but if he gets a couple title defences, you can bet your ass he will be.

Who’s the Bantamweight Goat? With a record ZERO defences, you just KNOW Rogans going to be screaming it on the mic at Cejudo’s next fight.

The UFC is a hype machine.

I like both, but I've been following boxing a lot more than mma recently.

There have just beeh more interesting fights and overall cards.

A couple of years ago, it would have been mma. UFC and Bellator have just been watering down cards

It changes. In the 90s I preferred boxing. Most of the 00s (particularly the latter half) through the early 2010s I preferred MMA and K-1. Back to boxing after that.

A lot of the positives MMA had over boxing are less pronounced or just gone completely now. Modern UFC has too many divisions for you to be able to comfortably keep track of them all, just like boxing. Most UFC cards now only have one or two fights that really matter to anyone but the most hardcore of hardcore fans, just like boxing.

Well, you can track the greatest FW of all time...it’s whomever has the belt currently.

Stupid commentary breeds stupid fans in both sports IMO.

I MEAN Aldo was the greatest ever, until he got KO’d, then Conor was the best ever for a while, followed in rapid succession by Max Holloway. I haven’t seen Volkanovski rated as the FW goat yet, but if he gets a couple title defences, you can bet your ass he will be.

Who’s the Bantamweight Goat? With a record ZERO defences, you just KNOW Rogans going to be screaming it on the mic at Cejudo’s next fight.

The UFC is a hype machine.
Yeah featherweight is actually a good example haha

I think dumb commentary like Rogan just add to the cesspool. Boxing doesn't have any one person with a legion of tards like Rogan

Real fighting involves sucker punches, multiple opponents, pieces of furniture and alcohol.

As for combat sports, I enjoy boxing the most.
There is plenty alcohol in MMA

In Klitschko era we liked more MMA, after Klitschko boxing is great again

Beta'ed Knight Goes for Guard
maxresdefault.jpg

Back