Do you own your own house?

Yes, 16 years left to pay.
Substantial amount of equity presently but looking towards some home improvements in the future. Mostly flooring upgrades and to turn unfinished laundry room into a fourth bedroom. Which I’m gonna try and not dip into that equity to do so.

You sound handy. Wanna come over?

I could write a check and pay off my mortgage if I wanted too but I don't. Only 5 years left

Should be mine outright in a few years, which is about the time I want to move the family away from Elmbridge to sormwhere a little more rural and quiet.

Yes - is there another question here? I actually owned 3 places at one time (2008), it was one of the dumbest thing I've ever done.

Last year I sold a condo that I had for work. I bought it in late 2009 and saw an 84% increase compared to the purchase price. Sounds great, right? Nope. The S&P went up 280% over that time.

Now before someone chimes in with "but you have to live somewhere" let's just pay attention that the condo cost almost $1100/month to operate without a mortgage (I purchased outright). $320/month condo fees, $375/mo property taxes, $150/mo utilities and internet (no TV or landline), and the rest on maintenance and a modest $17,000 in renovations when I moved in (I did almost everything myself).

The pride of ownership sucks.

I own a one bedroom condo in the city of Toronto and I just put an offer on a 2 bedroom.

I would love to own a house but they are over a million bucks in my City and I’m not rich. I’m a working man and single dad.

Yes I do own it outright.

Not yet. I just started travel nursing and doubled my income this year though and I'll have it paid off next year.

in about 30 days I'll have this bitch paid off. On a side note, Daycare for 2 kids is more than our mortgage. Kids need to get a job imho

yep just pulled the trigger few months back on our dream house

truly an answer to prayer, God is great!

Yes, although it was willed to my wife from her aunt when she died, but we finished paying off the house 5 years ago.

Bank still owns part of my condo. Our building is currently listed for sale though as a land assembly.

Back