Do you notice your habits?

When I put pants on I always make sure I dress to the left and my second peen dresses to the right.

Another habit that people get into is not stopping for stop signs. They become accustomed to rolling through them to the point that they forget to look. I bring it up because a 4 year old girl was just killed because of this. The drivers education instructor I had in the 60s made it a point of emphasis. You stop while looking left, then right then left again before proceeding. The police in the city I lived in at the time were very strict on enforcement. They would watch for the wheel to stop turning.

The city I live in now is very lax on enforcement. Many people don't even slow down for a stop sign. I was a witness to a collision a few years ago when a woman ahead of me made a right turn without her brake lights even coming on. She told the police officer that she stopped and that the driver she hit must have been speeding. I told the other officer that her brake lights never came on and she didn't use a turn signal either. They tried the brakes and signal lights and the lights worked.

I've gotten so accustomed to people not stopping that I assume they won't and am prepared to avoid them if necessary.

Lots of ocd up in here

Most of it isn't OCD. If you are standing with your feet side by side and start walking, you will invariably take the first step with the same foot every time. Same thing when getting out of a chair.

When you step into a shower, it will be the same foot first every time.

When you get into a car, some people sit on the seat and turn to put their legs in, Others put one leg in before sitting down and bringing the other leg in.

These are things that you do without really thinking about them. Many of you might have to do these things to figure out which way you do them.

Not really with routines, but I'm pretty self aware when it comes to my behavior, annoying tendencies, flaws, etc.

How could I not, they fuck up my life..

When I'm in shower I start at the top and work my way down. Some of you freaks probably wash your ass first.
Nasty.

All clean people know you have to start with your hands. Would you clean your house with dirty rags?

You sound like one of those kids in elementary school who would pull his pants all the way down to pee.
Or pulls his pants all the way down to get to his sock to pull them up.

I generally observe all of my minor OCD tendencies and disallow myself from indulging in them until I forget about them. Stupid shit such as arrangement of items, coins in bowl all being head-side up, etc. Now, the question is, where had the madness funneled to...??

Back