Do you notice your habits?

ralphc1

Titanium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
A couple weeks ago I grabbed a shoe and got the left instead of the right one because my dog has decided he likes to move my shoes. I normally put the right shoe on first but since I had the left in my hand I figured I'd put it on first. It was standing up as normal but found it somewhat difficult to do. Then I grabbed the right shoe and that also seemed more difficult than usual. Apparently the order I put my shoes on makes a difference.

After that I started noticing other dressing habits. When putting pants on, I have to put the right leg in first if I'm standing or both legs at once if I'm sitting. Putting on a coat, the right arm has to go in first or I fumble around trying to find the sleeve. It seems strange that such little changes make a difference.

Hahaha....oh yes! For me is left side first on getting dressed. I have known about it forever but keep it the same!

You sound like one of those kids in elementary school who would pull his pants all the way down to pee.

You sound like one of those kids in elementary school who would pull his pants all the way down to pee.

I still do that when I am standing, but I prefer sitting when I piss.

Fun fact: the toughest Aussie Rules footballer in history does this, what a weird thing to know I guess.

When I'm in shower I start at the top and work my way down. Some of you freaks probably wash your ass first.

I have OCD. So, yes. I have a pretty rigid structure to most of the shit I do. I'm completely aware of all the weird shit I do also.

I use my hands like squeegee's to brush off water before I get out of the shower to use the towel. I don't remember when I started doing it but I always do it.

Those aren't habits, you're ocd.

I have OCD. So, yes. I have a pretty rigid structure to most of the shit I do. I'm completely aware of all the weird shit I do also.

I use my hands like squeegee's to brush off water before I get out of the shower to use the towel. I don't remember when I started doing it but I always do it.

I'm not really talking about compulsively having to do things a certain way but more of getting used to doing something a certain way for such a long time that it becomes harder to do it differently.

I've noticed that I've gotten used to opening doors with my right hand no matter which way they swing.

I use the rules of the road when walking keeping right when meeting someone and moving left when overtaking someone.

Yeah I tried putting a dress shirt on with my left arm in first and it was like the first time I ever put a shirt on. Felt so foreign. I looked disabled in that moment.

Yeah I tried putting a dress shirt on with my left arm in first and it was like the first time I ever put a shirt on. Felt so foreign. I looked disabled in that moment.

That's the kind of thing I meant.

Back