Do you miss Elias Theodorou ?

Not even a little bit.

He's one of those, "Look at me, aren't I pretty" types.

He's become a meme, good for business, probably should have kept him.

Dana & the UFC have already made it clear they're all about making money and don't care about having the best fighters, so even if he sucks, who cares?

Business decision . His 1 fight salary is the equivalent to 10 fighters off of the DWCS .

So do the math do you keep Elias who isn’t as entertaining or hire new up and coming hungry fighters

no brainer here

Last edited:
why dana cut this guy ?
he has a great striking technique . great footwork and he is one of the best kickers in the game
ufc needs all different styles of fighting but right now there no one like elias in ufc
Ok I was joking but seriously is he any different than till for example who only throw like two punches in the last four fights
I mean the guy only lost to thiago santos and derek brunson

he only fought once since his release from the ufc
won the fight in third round by tko
do you think he deserve a second chance ?

I actually really miss Theodorou. His style pissed people off so badly but it was undeniably effective.

Obligatory

giphy.gif

If Ben Askren ever comes back to MMA, they need to make this match up.

He didn't deserve to be cut. And I didn't like the guy. Bht he was oddly effective. Gerald Harris also got screwed. As did Paul Daley.

Honestly, his fight with Brunson was funny as hell. Once I stopped hoping for a good fight and thought of it as a comedy routine it became quite entertaining. I would now say yes, I miss Elias.
I watched that fight live at UFC Ottawa, and it was goddamn hilarious.

Yes I do. He's an interesting character with a unique style, and I like seeing a variety of strategies. And while that style was the antithesis of Just Bleed goodness at least it was active, and I'd rather be bored by that than a counterpuncher endlessly waiting for a perfect opening or a clinch grinder immobilizing his opponent against the cage.

i fully support dropping any fighter that slows the pace, stalls position and grinds to a decision every fight. i wish him well in life but i'm not sorry he's not going to appear on the ppvs i buy.

I liked him as a gatekeeper for the top 25-ish tier.

I actually really miss Theodorou. His style pissed people off so badly but it was undeniably effective.
It's interesting how you can find this type of player in so many different one on one competitions. They're often very successful but never acquire the fandom of the guys who take big chances.

I thought a lot of the hate towards him was unfair. That being said, he doesn't understand how to generate power in his strikes. Everything comes from the limb and not the whole body

Hes fighting Matt Dwyer in our local regional circuit Rise FC. March 13th.

More and more every day.

That hair . . . omg

Back