Do you lose respect for a guy like sonnen

He got on there with Anderson x2, Bones, Shogun, Rashad, and many more.

To "lose respect" from Sherdoggers is laughable.

doesnt bother me, and not even sure exactly what should bother me.
his last 3 fights were at lhw, and they were against freaking jbj, rashad and shogun.
im sure not too many fighters have the balls to go against those 3 lhw elites in a row after fighting at mw previously.

Not at all, it's up to the fighter to figure out at what weight they best perform at, some guys do better cutting a lot of weight, some guys do better cutting very little weight, it's a part of the game, hating on it is just ignorance.

Hendo is better at higher weights because his H bomb is proportionately faster and his cardio is better.

Chael's smothering style is best when hes the bigger man in the cage

Whats the problem...

I will never lose respect for Chael, anybody that steps in the cage with Jon Jones and doesn't tap to strikes commands a ton of respect.

What he said.

Plus, he will fight anyone at anytime. You have to admire a guy like that.

He fights everyone set up by talking and loses to all who are remotely elite. His skills are weak (poor sub defense, no power) relative to his mouth, which is always the case with people like him.

No admiration for big mouths who don't back it up.

Personally I lose respect for anyone too lazy to write the word 'and' in full.

Hendo has fought at lhw and mw. Same as chael. Hendo will step in that cage with whoever they put him against. Same about chael. Your respect issues are flawed.

It's fine if you don't like Chael, I'm not much of a fan either. But the dude beat the shit out of Anderson Silva for a good 24 minutes. His skills ain't weak.

Beating a man with a broken rib ain't hard bro.

He's been subbed more times than Tito Ortiz has had surgeries.

He fights everyone set up by talking and loses to all who are remotely elite. His skills are weak (poor sub defense, no power) relative to his mouth, which is always the case with people like him.

No admiration for big mouths who don't back it up.

I'm not a fan due to his mouth. But, dude fights in a cage for a living, how is he not backing it up?

Rashad walks around 220lbs-225lbs and he's a small LHW. I think Chael has an advantage fighting MWs over fighting LHWs. That's the reason why guys like JBJ and Tito cut to 205 rather than fight at HW.

I'm not a fan due to his mouth. But, dude fights in a cage for a living, how is he not backing it up?

He loses, badly. ANYBODY can talk and show up to lose.
Rashad-Evans-vs-Chael-Sonnen-GIf.gif

?

every fighter is like this, wanting to go to a lighter division

only dan henderson thats not like this basically

Walks around 230 n claims he's too small for lhw n wants to go back to mw, yet Dan Henderson fights lhw n is barley 200 lbs?

I lost respect for Sonnon for committing financial fraud in the run-up to the biggest financial collapse in generations and then trying to become a politician. The fact that he runs his mouth in other stupid ways is an afterthought.

Back