Do you look down on blue collar workers?

He your boyfriend of something, weirdo?
wtf why would he be my boyfriend? the only Weirdo is you with your creepy obsession following me around leaving comments to mock me in threads.

Nope, i never did anything to you, you were the one. you never stopped, dont lie and what did you get for calling me pizza boy in random tread stalking me?

i was ignoring you not replying but you would still do it, in fact the more i ignored you the more you continued.

what was the reasoning to continue Mocking me and you are a grown man in his 50s.
Did you complain to the mods?

Yeah those losers making 100k a year and staying in shape are so stupid.
My older brother is a plumber who makes 100k+, wouldn’t surprised if he was a millionaire before 40 as a plumber

he does important work for society like running med gas in hospitals and makes great money and can feel good about doing good work

what a fucking loser lol

No.

My white collar career is so absolutely unfulfilling, I hate it. A lot of my coworkers feel the same. But I'm vested in a pension system and just recently started making six figures after 13 years, so I don't want to give it up.

My blue collar side hustle gives me way more fulfillment at the end of a project, but I only pull in like $20k-$25k a year.

Big ups to blue collar workers.

I'm kind of in the same boat as you, just 11 years earlier. Just graduated university 6 months ago and now on my 2nd year in a public service (government) position.
One of my jobs while in school was in a tire shop. Liked it enough that it pushed me to learn about cars and now I maintain my own vehicle.

With my current job, they make me stop work at 37.5 hours for the week. I'm getting kinda bored, and really liking the idea of a side hustle to keep me occupied and working with my hands.

ITT I learned that every electrician and plumber makes six figures. And half of them are millionaires.

<mma4>
I don't know about that, but you just mentioned two fields that will never be automated, outsourced and are about as essential as you can get aside from food production. Yet farmers aren't getting emergency calls in the middle of the night, not will they prevent your house from flooding or burning down.

I look down on rich kids that are entitled pricks and live off daddy's money. But that's about it.

ITT I learned that every electrician and plumber makes six figures. And half of them are millionaires.

<mma4>

My friend who is a plumber makes over 150k. If you're in the right market and union, you make good money but of course you have to pay your dues on the way up. He's told me he would only make that money in NYC, San Francisco or Chicago.

Ditto, but going to get my diploma and then my bachelors.
That's good, congrats. From the outside looking in Blue Collar jobs can be look down upon, but it is a very good way to make a living. Once you add the dynamic of having a offspring, the responsibility of not only taking care of your own life but another just adds to the drive for you to do better for them so they don't have to struggle be it a job where society kinda looks down upon in this current time of what.

Not as long as they do what the fuck I tell them to do.

Seriously though, I wish I would have skipped college and learned a trade right out of high school. I have a friend who does HVAC and he makes a killing.

My friend who is a plumber makes over 150k. If you're in the right market and union, you make good money but of course you have to pay your dues on the way up. He's told me he would only make that money in NYC, San Francisco or Chicago.
Vegas and Boston as well

Maybe when people who don't know me see me walking down the street in my work gear make assumptions and look down in me, but I know my kids don't. So fuck em

Last edited:
Reactions: Kb7
Hell no. My father is a member of the New York City District Council of Carpenters and worked for the largest office furniture installer in the US Empire Office Equipment since 1984, retired last year. Was a foreman for the latter part of his life. He used to work a lot when I was a kid and would usually not get home till 11 and sometimes later than that and I would be asleep by then. I used to be mad a bit for that but I realize now all the stuff I had as a kid were because of those long hours and him providing for us.

I bet those folks sitting in their offices who are making fun of blue collar workers are most likely sitting in chairs and using office furniture my pops put together and especially in NYC.

Last edited:
Maybe when people who don't know me see me walking down the street in my work gear make assumptions and look down in me, but I know my kids don't. So fuck em
Screw those people, you have to do what you have to do. I remember a few years ago me, a few guys & my boss were working out on in West Hollywood. Doing forms for a concrete garage, side walls, and a circular garden feature. After we got done headed over for happy hour at local bar, man did we feel we out of place. Bar was filled with above average rich folk, for all I knew these guys were producers, doctors etc. we stood out, my boss is from Arizona and is a cowboy at heart. We stood amongst a sea of rich well off folks.

Back