Do you look down on blue collar workers?

My school was shit at giving you information in Blue Collar work, imo they kind of indoctrinate you to do the College>Uni path... Though the most successful people I know from my age group were those who went straight into apprenticeships, plumbers and electricians etc can earn some fat fat wedges, most of the people I know who went to Uni work in Retail or Bars, i'm one of them...

So if anything I admire Blue Collar workers, not just for that reason but obviously because society relies on them.

Last edited:
One of my buddies is a Union Pipe Fitter. He makes bank and has great benefits. Of course he's 40 now and getting ready for his second major back surgery and hates what he does. But no, I don't look down on anyone that wants to work.

Absolutely not. I used to be one for a few years working as an automotive technician before I went back to school.

In fact, we need more young people getting into the trades. How pathetic is it that they promote and educate inmates in state prisons to do these kind jobs but eliminate these programs in public high schools? There's a shortage of them. The job security is really good for these types of jobs too.

Amen.

Oh wait its 2021......ughh......Awomen.

Nope, I respect anyone trying to make a living. Plus, I was a blue-collar guy at one time so I know how it is. Plus some of those guys make a good living.

No, a lot of labor guys are bitter because they think people don't respect them but it's mostly in their heads from what I've seen. Maybe if you're a janitor, or garbage man some people will unfortunately look down on you like a loser, but a construction worker, oil field worker, mechanic etc, those guys are respected by most of society.

It depend how old they are and who they are. If they are immigrants who don't speak English well, they work in blue collar jobs. that fine. If they born in America and speak English as their first and they still doing jobs that 18 years old kid can do when they are over 30 + years old. I have to judge. We all judge!

It depend how old they are and who they are. If they are immigrants who don't speak English well, they work in blue collar jobs. that fine. If they born in America and speak English as their first and they still doing jobs that 18 years old kid can do when they are over 30 + years old. I have to judge. We all judge!

Are you an immigrant?

No.

My white collar career is so absolutely unfulfilling, I hate it. A lot of my coworkers feel the same. But I'm vested in a pension system and just recently started making six figures after 13 years, so I don't want to give it up.

My blue collar side hustle gives me way more fulfillment at the end of a project, but I only pull in like $20k-$25k a year.

Big ups to blue collar workers.

If a person knows their trade and works honestly, I ain't looking down on them.
I look down on streamers, tiktokers, onlyfans whores, etc earning money doing nothing of value.

Back