Do you look down on blue collar workers?

TidWell

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I see this a lot online on here and different forums guys making fun of people who do manual labor, like construction, building, mechanics, plumbing, shipping, truck driver, garbage man, etc

I dont look down on anyone that's isnt some scumbag. However, I have little empathy for people in shitty jobs that complain about it and do nothing to try and improve their situation.

You'd have to be an enormous entitled douche to look down upon those that are the backbone of the society you live within.

Bothers me when people try to shit on people that work at places like McDonald's. They're working an honest job, give them props for being employed and trying to support themselves, instead of trashing them for not being a banker or an architect.

Last edited:
Absolutely not. I used to be one for a few years working as an automotive technician before I went back to school.

In fact, we need more young people getting into the trades. How pathetic is it that they promote and educate inmates in state prisons to do these kind jobs but eliminate these programs in public high schools? There's a shortage of them. The job security is really good for these types of jobs too.

As a blue-collar-disguised-as-white-coat myself no, I don't.

I actually empathizes with them and It pisses me off that so many of my friends act like this.

More money being an HVAC repairman or electrician compare to most white collar work.

Many middle class West Coast people look down on them. Joke's on them.

Last edited:
I see this a lot online on here and different forums guys making fun of people who do manual labor, like construction, building, mechanics, plumbing, shipping, truck driver, garbage man, etc

No, in fact if I had my life together at 18 I'd have just become a carpenter, welder, or similar. I missed the boat, and by the time I got my act together, no trades were interested in someone with so much baggage, when they could get a freshfaced kid from highschool who wouldn't answer back.

I did a summer demo job years ago, and loved it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back