Do YOU listern to modern music?

No, I find modern music to be awful, I guess I'm getting old. I prefer classical music. I enjoy listening to soundtracks from TV shows and movies.
My gut says you just don't know where to look. Based on the above I'd be, very surprised if you didn't like an album from 2007:
The Cinematic Orchestra - Ma Fleur

*I could suggest much more, but the above is the most obvious album which springs to mind.

The only modern bands that I listen to are ones very influenced by the 60s and 70s like the Redwalls and Luna.

EDIT: There's also Jamiroquai but kids today would probably refer to 50-year-old Jay Kay as "ancient". :p

My gut says you just don't know where to look. Based on the above I'd be, very surprised if you didn't like an album from 2007:
The Cinematic Orchestra - Ma Fleur

*I could suggest much more, but the above is the most obvious album which springs to mind.

Thank you for the recommendation.

Ofcourse.

I listen too a ton of bands and artists that release new material.

How can you not?

No, I have no reason to. I listen to any music between the 1950s-1980s. As far as I'm concerned music started to decline badly around the 90s and hasn't recovered since.

As some have said I listen to the new albums from the older bands I love still. As far as "new" music though? If I am suggested a new artist by someone, or start seeing alot of hype around someone I'll check it out for personal knowledge/reference. Even though it's likely that I may not care for it, I still like to keep my ear to the street.

I am all the way out of touch with new music and 90% of what I do hear of it is hot garbage. I'm currently coping with my neice being a huge 21 Pilots fan.

there is tons of good modern music but i never listen to modern pop, country, rap etc. its a cesspool of the shallow and meaningless.

You know what's funny modern music will be considered nostalgic music for a bunch of young people today 20-25 years from now. And it will be considered good music.

Music started to suck around the early 1990s and hasn't recovered since.

1950s-1980s were the golden era..

Honestly, this past year alone has seen the release of some amazing music, especially if you're into more experimental stuff. Lingua Ignota, Injury Reserve, JPEGMafia, and SPELLLING all put out absolutely phenomenal albums imo. Hell, even if you only listen to simple, "safe" music, you still have shit like Silk Sonic's debut, which, while I tend not to like anything retro, even I have to admit is a virtually flawless old-school funk/soul record

Fuck yeah I do

As a matter of fact, this right here is some of the best music I've ever heard.

People who don't like modern music are lazy and want everything spoodfed to them.

There is more music being made today than ever, just by sheer volume of stuff being produced there is bound to be something you enjoy.

Honestly, this past year alone has seen the release of some amazing music, especially if you're into more experimental stuff. Lingua Ignota, Injury Reserve, JPEGMafia, and SPELLLING all put out absolutely phenomenal albums imo. Hell, even if you only listen to simple, "safe" music, you still have shit like Silk Sonic's debut, which, while I tend not to like anything retro, even I have to admit is a virtually flawless old-school funk/soul record

Need to check out the new Peggie, loved the Lingua, liked Injury Reserve too. Couldn't get into SPELLLING much though.

You heard the new Lil' Ugly Mane?

I listen to a lot of VERY different genres (I pity anyone who only listen to one), and I listen to a lot of newly produced music.

But pop music of today, as pushed by mainstream media? No!
Waste of time. I might miss a gem or two, but that is well worth it not having to dig through the heaps of mass-produced musical manure.

Most of the modern stuff I listen to isn't mainstream. Stuff like Drum and Bass, Trance, Phonk, Witch House, Djent/Metalcore, and Synthwave or Deep House.

Pop and mumble rap dominates the airwaves and that shit is garrrbage.

Back