1. We are currently experiencing technical difficulties. For those experiencing login issues, a temporary solution is to clear your cache and cookies on your web browser. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
  2. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Do you know any inept Judo Brown or Black Belt?

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by Espurgote, Nov 6, 2020.

1. Espurgote Blue Belt

Based on the same thread about BJJ, do you guys happen to know any Judoka that is not legit?

2. QingTian Brown Belt

heheheheehehehehehheh.... this is a rabbit hole.

3. ChickenBrother JCPENNEY $3.98 BELT

LOL

Definitely me. I've been an inept Judo brown for more than 20 years. I have relatively good technique at my preferred throws and proper caveman top control on the mat, but I'm pretty sure kuzushi is something you eat with wasabi.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2020
    Kforcer and Auspex like this.
  4. Bluesbreaker Black Belt

Me? I've got knowledge, but haven't been able to train consistently for a few years. Many lower belts could probably tear me up right now.

My fitness and instincts would let me down.

5. RJ Green Black Belt

besides myself?

shunyata likes this.
  6. backlight White Belt

ALL OF THEM!!!11one! - Saliva Expectorum

Auspex likes this.
  7. CFGroup Purple Belt

Yeah tons...

Some from age, some from lack of training time.

And Judo does "pity promotions" those who've been, "cough, cough" paying IJF, USJF,USJ, dues for decades, donating time to organize events and seminars, but don't compete and can fumble their way through the grading requirements.

They are great people for the most part, but we avoid them when there's an opportunity to train in a large setting and they avoid us cause they'll get immediately outpaced and hurt. Don't get me wrong there's some great old timer "Wizards" who have encyclopedic knowledge and coaching experience that are happy to get pestered for training critique and questions from us(well not so young now) young turks. I don't consider them-what was the thread title?-inept, just past their physical prime and in a different phase of their journey.

My guess BJJ is half a decade away from that invasion of boutique casuals that can afford the $200 a month dues. There's a price to pay for being a system that is kinda founded on publicity stunts. Judo has zero rep in the public eye, so it's whittled down its numbers to the truly dedicated who stick with it under 40.

shunyata likes this.
  8. shunyata Silver Belt

I have run into some over the years, but there was no lack of respect, because the judoka in question were doing rondori and serious rolls and getting checked and wrecked until they got better.

So by definition, those who kept at that were no longer inept.

CFGroup likes this.
  9. ahheadlock God**** Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Didn't they give Gene Simmons a black belt in judo despite the fact he has never done any Judo?

there's one.

10. Ivaylo Ivanov Elegant as a vampire

Plenty.
    In some countries, promotion standards are way subpar to others, where only competition can get you points for black belt promotion.

11. cugnao Orange Belt

I am an inept judo brown belt! I am limited to seoi nage, uchi mata and tai otoshi..