Do you have to be a badass to wear this type of Gi?

i bought a gracie gi off ebay wich isnt that flashy...its just plain white with gracie jiu jitsu embroided on the arms and leg. I purchased it cause Royce Gracie made me want to learn BJJ and is definately a hero of mine, my old gi is a piece of crap $20 cheap ass one wich i got when i first started, ive well worn it, i got it thinkin well if i dun stick this out or i dun like it i havent wasted alot of money. Well i cant get enough of it, so i treated myself to a good gi. and a Keiko Raca rashy :icon_chee

im not badass fyi :redface: I dun like training in crap gear.

I got a 10 year old Gracie gi. Still holding up nicely but I wish I could tell you it has been worn twice a week for the last ten years, cause it hasn't. I have about wore the pants out though.

I just ordered a Atama blue gi, my instructor suggested the blue cause it doens't get as dirty as a white one.

I am not a bad ass, but I will hit someone in the fucking face if they mess with me.....

I think the red gis are pretty cool. We have a kid at our club that wears a black. In judo blue and white are required.

how badass do you have to be to wear fcf shorts? i bought some and am now afraid to wear them in beginner bjj lol

The Sickness said:
I have a pimped out gi. I don't know if I'm a badass or anything. I do ok in competition...

Hah! Nice way of subtly implying to everyone that youre believe yourself to be badass. Very effective psyc technique.

I don't know how it is in your culture for pointing out badass other than the belts of course, but in wrestling the older the shit you wear looks or in some cases the goofier it looks the more badass that punk will be...typically. You'll sometimes get some pud who won state in highschool Div. 2 thinking he's good and wears all this old goofy stuff and ends up being a pushover.

In my opinion, if that stuff that you typically see on badass guys, and you know youre not badass, then avoid wearing it, because it could save you from looking like an ass. But hey thats just what my two cents say.

Back