Do you have stacks of gaming magazines?

I subscribed to PC Gamer for a good 5 years or so starting in 1996, but unfortunately didn't keep any of them.

I have fond memories of trying to unlock Akuma in RE2 with my buddy based on EGM hoaxes.

Tossed all of mine out a long while ago, though I'd pay good money for this one still in it's wrapping.

th

Tossed all of mine out a long while ago, though I'd pay good money for this one still in it's wrapping.

th

I wish I never chucked this one. It had the Final Fantasy 3 (VI) review in it and was the biggest magazine ever at the time (not sure if it was ever topped).

tumblr_mkgfb7R0If1rkrwaco1_500.jpg

Probably should've kept that one.

I wish I never chucked this one. It had the Final Fantasy 3 (VI) review in it and was the biggest magazine ever at the time (not sure if it was ever topped).

holy shit. I remember reading the first one and can't waiting for MK2 to hit SNES. And that SNES was going to allow blood in the game unlike the bullshit they did with MK1 and the grey blood that wouldn't hit the ground, it would disintegrate in the air.

I used to subscribe to EGM when I was little and brought it to lunch at school to read it when I got it

I had everything. Game Pro, EGM, Game Informer, PSM, Next Gen. Even a few OPMs. Too bad they are a dead breed now.

I had a bunch of Nintendo Power from NES era and sold them a couple of years ago for a decent price

Mid 90s to early 2000s getting the mail in anticipation of the new EGM was one of my favorite things to do ever

Is there an online archive where you can read through past issues?

I used to buy official playstaion 2 magazine as a kid. I wrote them a letter which they published and sent me a free copy of spiderman 2.

th

I might still have those issues. I still have some time to look through before I get a hold of the 5-ton bin, so I should know real soon.

The best thing about old issues is that they're like looking into time capsules. I remember when I hoped beyond hope that gameplay would look as good as the CGI cut scenes that were being used in the 32-bit era. I didn't know it was going to take less than 10 years for it to happen.

Soul Blade Intro:

Soul Calibur Gameplay on the Dreamcast:

Does anyone remember Incite? It's a shame they only lasted a few issues.

I used to have stacks of old EGM's EGM2, Gamepros and Nintendo Powers. Threw them all out.

Same here. With no internet, those things were pretty important for walkthroughs, tips, secrets, etc.

Same here. With no internet, those things were pretty important for walkthroughs, tips, secrets, etc.

Best magazine for game walk-throughs, tips, etc EVAH!
1000x1000.jpg

I know I've kept a few of these aside for posterity's sake.

Back