Do you have stacks of gaming magazines?

WorldofWarcraft

Holy Paladin
Banned
Reaction score
I have a bunch of GamePro and EGM magazines from the early 90s up until around 2000. I have PSN unofficial Playstation gaming magazines, and Game Fan magazines from the late 90s.. Game Fan was the best, IMO. Very cool design layouts and the FF7 coverage they did up until the release was amazing..

gf-mario-cart-1.jpg

I was an original subscriber to nintendo power and had issues 1-60, I still remember being pissed off about the free offer of dragon warrior as I was already subscribed and already owned dragon warrior.

Im pretty sure they are long gone now though :/

Nah, unfortunately I tossed them a while back.

All of them were EGM from around the mid 90s to the mid 2000s.

GOAT dump material.

had a nice pile of Game Informers stacked up over the course of 2 years. tossed em when a spark from my blunt almost caused a 3-alarm fire...

Stacks of Men's Journal magazines... I can't bear to throw them away

Does anybody remember which magazine showed the weeaboo stuff at the end of the magazines?

I also remember there was one special issue from a magazine which showed previews of a bunch of different N64 games. Many of those games never made it onto the system.

I still have my special edition Nintendo Power issue #100 gold N64 controller. There was a time when I was young and saved the magazines, but that was a long time ago.

11499070_f260.jpg

I used to have like the first 50 or so PSM mags and a bunch of GamePro but got rid of most in a move think I still have the first 10 PSM somewhere. I was actually a mod for PSM forums way back in the day. And I have a short story from the editor bill donhue or w/e on a backup DVD lol

I was all about dem magazines when I was a kid. I had like 8 different subscriptions growing up, although that included shit like FHM, Loaded and White Dwarf. Was legit hoarding, but then I left UK for Canada. Probably would've cost like millions to get dat tonnage across the Atlantic

Does anybody remember which magazine showed the weeaboo stuff at the end of the magazines?

I also remember there was one special issue from a magazine which showed previews of a bunch of different N64 games. Many of those games never made it onto the system.

That would be Gamefan (which the TS shows in his post) or Play. Gamefan had an "Imports" section that showed/teased multiple Japanese releases. I believe Nick Des Barres (aka "Nick Rox") was the guy who was in charge of that. They started covering anime later in the life of the magazine. It ran from 1992 to 2000.

One of the guys who founded Gamefan (Dave Halverson) went on to start up Play magazine after Gamefan became defunct. In the process, a lot of the orphaned Gamefan staff continued to work under him on Play. While Gamefan only had small sections dedicated to import games (and all other types of Japanese media), Play dedicated almost half of the magazine to Japanese media and toys. It ran from 2000 to 2010.

these where top of the line toilet readers

^Indeed. I still have a few years worth of Play, PSM, Game Informer, GMR and other mags that I have to go through. Hopefully I won't be too attached and I'll be able to get rid of most of them.

I still have a box of EGM and PSM in a closet. I never subscribed though, I usually bought them after I rented a game from blockbuster when I was getting my snacks for the weekend. :icon_lol:

dad used to buy me OPM every month. loved the demo discs. i must have played the mgs1 demo 100 times.

I still have a box of EGM and PSM in a closet. I never subscribed though, I usually bought them after I rented a game from blockbuster when I was getting my snacks for the weekend. :icon_lol:

The good old days

sad-kid-reaction-gif.gif

Last edited:
I used to have stacks of old EGM's EGM2, Gamepros and Nintendo Powers. Threw them all out.

had some EGM and Gamepro mags before. not sure where they are now, but i hope i kept them. EGM was my favorite

I had old Playstation ones. I think it was called PSM. Covered Squaresofts The Bouncer, and Oddworld and all those. Wish I had kept them.

Had tons of old EGM, EGM2, gamepro, Xbox magazine. By far tho the best publication was play magazine. They printed high resolution on quality paper stock, and had great reviews and coverage of niche games as well.

Back