Do you have Maia ranked ahead of Brown?

fortheo

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
*topic*

I just want to see what people think.

I would have him ahead of Maia. The current champion snapped his 7 fight unbeaten streak and he lost another to the former champ. So 2 decision losses to those guys doesn't hurt his standing that much.I also find him a lot more exciting to watch.

Yes, I think Maia would win fairly easily, and he gave better fighters like shields and rory trouble

They are close, Brown had that 7 fight streak and then lose to Lawler and Hendricks which pushed him down a bit and Maia is on a 3 fight streak after losing close fights to Shields and Rory.
Im ok with them being Brown#5 and Maia#6
I think Maia takes this if they fight. I think he can avoid Brown's strikes and will be able to take him down and either Sub him or get the UD.

Hell no Brown fought competitively with Lawler and Hendricks, Maia has not done anything that impressive at 170. His biggest win still seems to be Fitch

Hell no Brown fought competitively with Lawler and Hendricks, Maia has not done anything that impressive at 170. His biggest win still seems to be Fitch

Maia has actual top ten wins though.

What Jake shields then? He lost to a cheater (lombard) so that shouldn't hurt his rankings, had beaten maia (although I think maia's loss to rory is worthy enough to keep him up there in top 10 for a whole, which is incredible for his age), so then doesn't that make palhares either 5 or 6?

Maia's beaten better competition, he deserves to be above Brown, definitely.

Rankings don't matter

Maia has actual top ten wins though.
This. Who has Brown beaten in the Top 15, aside from Erick Silva? (He was ranked at the time they fought). Wonderboy doesn't count because he improved and went on a 5-fight winning streak, and wasn't ranked at the time.

The 10 Best WW's in order IMO

1. Lawler
2. Hendricks
3. Condit
4. Rory
5. Maia
6. Woodley
7. Brown
8. Dong
9. Story
10. Gunnar

Honorable mention to CM Punk

The 10 Best WW's in order IMO

1. Lawler
2. Hendricks
3. Condit
4. Rory
5. Maia
6. Woodley
7. Brown
8. Dong
9. Story
10. Gunnar

Honorable mention to CM Punk
Pretty good, but I disagree with Gunnar at #10. Wonderboy deserves #9 and Story, #10, IMO

Pretty good, but I disagree with Gunnar at #10. Wonderboy deserves #9 and Story, #10, IMO

I think Gunnar would beat Wonderboy which is why I put him at 10 instead of WB and I also think Story beats them both. Story could maybe even beat Matt Brown.

If they don't, you should be able to walk into the UFC at 1-0 and get an instant title shot, right?

Not being able to do that is not an illustration of rankings mattering

I can only imagine how many posts of yours have said those three words :icon_chee

Someone is going to be butthurt enough one day to add them up.

I'm curious too.

Back