Do you have a problem with WSOF WW Champ Rousimar Palhares' win over Jake Shields?

From which point? The tap? Or when the ref first touches him?

Initial tap from Shields.

It was about a second, and another second after the rep steps in.

Unacceptable.

When the ref jumps on you and is tapping on you, and you still don't let go, yeah I'm going to say that's a little bit of a problem.

Those voting no, do you think Palhares just has a 2 second reaction time?

you can practically hear Hendricks and Lawler sending their thanks to Dana right now. Keeping them well-protected from the best fighter in the division

You can't be serious

iyPTPuLmVJc78.gif

Lawler and Hendricks would both stuff him and knock him out cold

you can practically hear Hendricks and Lawler sending their thanks to Dana right now. Keeping them well-protected from the best fighter in the division

yeah no....

Hector fucked him up and they both juice so you can't use that as an excuse.

I have a problem with him continuing to hold subs every single fight. Not like its first or second time.

But some people dont care he does this every single fight.

Only the butthurt American fans have a problem with it. Any right Shields side had to complain about sportsmanship was thrown out the door when Shields punched him after the stoppage. Then it became even. You can't have it both ways kids.

Count how many time he held it from the moment the ref touch him...

ANYONE?

I don't see the problem with what he did based on the gif. This is nothing compared to what he's done in the past, and he let go of the arm very shortly after the ref started pulling him away. You don't let go of anything until the ref pulls you off.

Initial tap from Shields.

It was about a second, and another second after the rep steps in.

Unacceptable.

When the ref jumps on you and is tapping on you, and you still don't let go, yeah I'm going to say that's a little bit of a problem.

Those voting no, do you think Palhares just has a 2 second reaction time?

There you go, it's not his job to let it go when Shields taps. It's his job to let go when the ref steps in, which was a little over a second.

I have problems with Rousimar Palhares raking the eyes 8 time

I usually hate when people say things like this, but I find it hard to believe that anybody defending Palhares has spent any significant amount of time grappling. An extra second of a kimura being torqued by a monster like Palhares can lead to severe, potentially career threatening, injuries for no reason. It doesn't matter how much adrenaline you have flowing through your body, you can feel when your opponent starts frantically tapping and a world-class grappler like Palhares knows damn well when he has a submission locked up. There's no excuse for continuing to crank submissions when the opposing fighter clearly taps. Of course fighters are aware that fighting can lead to long-term damage to their health, but Palhares has repeatedly cranked submissions longer than necessary in what seems to be nearly every one of his fights. As great as he is, and as much fun as it is to watch him, he should probably be given a significant suspension or ban.

No problem at all, he didnt hold the sub long and let go a sec after. It looked like any other submission expect the fact its palhares, everyone puts him under the microscope.

Lawler and Hendricks would both stuff him and knock him out cold

lmao at "stuffing" toquinho. What are they going to do? Crossface/Whizzer when he goes for a single? If it didn't work for Fitch it's not gonna work for them.

Only the butthurt American fans have a problem with it. Any right Shields side had to complain about sportsmanship was thrown out the door when Shields punched him after the stoppage. Then it became even. You can't have it both ways kids.

2423269999_hes20right20you20know_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg

Again, the "ref climbing all over him" all that happened in the span of 1 second. I agree 1 second can be all it takes to break the limb but condemning the guy for 1 second is a bit much. I do think the crank at the end was a bit much though. Idk what's wrong with the guy he's fun to watch but I wish he would react faster and not do stupid stuff like this

jake tapped 10 times dude.

I don't see the problem with what he did based on the gif. This is nothing compared to what he's done in the past, and he let go of the arm very shortly after the ref started pulling him away. You don't let go of anything until the ref pulls you off.

palhares felt 5 taps, then 5 more when the ref came in.

it was clearly held on.

Back