Do you have a hard ass boss?

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Richmma80, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Richmma80 Purple Belt

Do you have a boss or ever had one that yells at you or other people? It's been awhile since I've had a boss liken this. I'm in a union so we're treated like princesses, but just saw someone getting chewed out at Home Depot.

2. Wet Blanket Cultural globalist yt from Canada.

How am I supposed to know how hard it is without getting fired?

...or possibly promoted?

3. Goon Dog Furio Belt

I am the hard ass boss.

4. gspieler Silver Belt

It’s not that hard.
    89917D7F-AFF3-4448-82EC-475C2859791A.jpeg

5. JabToucher Banned Banned

My last supervisor/head of department was a right numpty!

It wasn't his lack of knowledge but his overal character that was the problem.

He was a true sense of the word "manlet". He had a terrible case of small man syndrome and had this massive ego. Acted like he deserved massive amounts of respect while treating people under him like they don't matter.

He was ex military to make matters worse!!! Only understood status.

6. Spounman Brown Belt

I did, she's Indian and a nightmare. I worked for the GM and I had emailed him over 3 or 4 days about vacation without hearing back so I asked around and found out he had an affair with our admin and quit. So they hired this Indian woman out of nowhere and she had no clue what to do. She was a nightmare, as a data analyst I'd prepare spreadsheets and power point presentations, I'd go to the meeting with our customer and my numbers would be changed to look better. They hired a young woman to help me out and our boss treated her and every other young woman like shit. She came back to my office crying one day because she spoke up in a meeting and our boss pulled her aside after and said you're outside of the pay grade of someone who should speak to our customer. Boss would come in our office in the morning, say hi to me all nice and act like the the girl sitting next to me wasn't there. Took about a year of complaints to corporate before she was finally relocated to another location then fired for doing the same shit.

7. JoeyJoeJoeJr Black Belt

My actual boss doesn't work here, because im technically a contractor. I see her once every few months for a couple minutes.

I used to report to the HR manager here about any issues or questions, but after he quit I stopped.

They got a new hr manager, but shes under the impression that someone else is overseeing me, but nobody is.

Its funny because my actual boss and the HR manager both ask me what days im off during holidays. Im thinking to myself "uhhh, shouldn't you be telling me when im supposed to work?"

Now I just schedule myself, and nobody oversees my department. I just do whatever I know needs to be done, and I come in the days I think I need to be here.

8. LHWBelt Gold Belt

I have a supervisor who's like that but hes big and is ex army and an ex cop. He must have a tiny pecker.

9. JabToucher Banned Banned

He was little but had to be the loudest in the room. Like he's announcing his presence prior to entering lol

Used to drink out of a novelty sized mug and have those huge sized sacks of whey protein all over his office on display. Must have thought it made him look tough lol!!

I can see where that "were you bullied at school" phrase came from.

10. jimbob27 Ken Shamrock Belt

I've had them in the past. It's not a good managment style, they just end up with an unhappy workforce who don't really want to be there.

In the last decade or the company I work for has been pushing themes of anti-bullying and respect in the workplace, and it's way better because of it. If anyone is an asshole to you HR will fuck them up.

11. Satanical Eve Cro Cop's Left Leg Platinum Member

My manager can be a hard ass at times but its directed at everyone. He rarely has issues with me personally and I'm usually the one who saving other coworkers asses. I was picked for a round table next week we are having at my job and our district manager will be there. My manager took me aside the other day to talk about it and I told him right off the bat I was going to bring up our pay and how I feel it is unfair that us employees who've been with the company for awhile are getting very little pay increases when new hires are getting paid near the amount we are. I was shocked when he told me that is why he wanted to speak to me. He wanted me if I felt comfortable to bring up pay. I am going to lay it on the district manager full tilt how unfair the pay structure is right now and that we are losing quality people all because they refuse to give them proper raises and what not.

12. Fatality Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Can't say that I have, my "bosses" are the co-owners of the company and are both semi-retired. Neither of them shows up more than 2 or 3 times a month and only stick around long enough for a little chitchat. I've been running the day to day operations on my own for almost 3 years now. The company has been steadily growing and profits increasing so they seem content to collect their percentage and leave the work to me. :(

13. sleepwalk pork roll, egg and cheese belt Platinum Member

I had two guys who were absolute narcissists. Both of them actually had decent intentions and I believe genuinely liked me but neither were capable of treating other human beings like actual human beings. One was terminated. The other has had his personal life implode since retiring. I wasted a lot of time learning those lessons.

14. Cpt Migraine Never out of likes..

Nope.. not anymore.. that only works on a special kind of desperate people.. those with a choice will never work for that kind of person..

And the kind of person dealing with/supervising the people who'll take that kind of shit can be bought and sold by the people who don't..

15. Scott Parker 27 Your Mom's Box

Used to, got his retarded ass forced into retirement. He did that to a lot of people and thought he could do it to me. Nope, wrong. I'm an adult with kids of my own, I don't get talked down to like that.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
  16. SFMMA Brown Belt

Yes. I am self-employed.

17. sweetviolenturg Red Belt Professional Fighter

Nope. Not currently as I work from home. So I'm good.
    But, yeah, in the past I've had jobs in which I had pricks for bosses & since they tend to like to get in people's faces I never lasted long at those places because I used to have a very bad temper. Inevitably they'd try to intimidate me with their position & authority & I'd tell them to go to hell before walking out. It was either walk out or chin check the bastards.
    On two occasions I wound up walking off job sites & got stuck walking ten or fifteen miles to get home ( this was during the days before mobile phones ). And I never regretted it. They were just shitty jobs like security & school bus driving, etc. to supplement my boxing career so it was never a big deal.

18. ARW Blue Belt

I’m overworked, underpaid and unappreciated.

I’m self employed

19. Tireur889 Orange Belt

Yeah. Usually he goes thru mood swings
    Were he is happy go lucky as can be other times he randomly blows up at people for no reason. Many of us suspect that he is using again. Fucking crackhead

20. Drain Bamage Guitar God 420

Those typical asshole bosses are *mostly* a thing of the past. Unless you get unlucky working for some small private company that is behind the times.

Social media changed everything. Nobody wants to be that guy that nobody likes anymore. People working in offices are all friends on social media and go out to drinks and stuff. Workplaces spruce up their offices and post pictures of it on social media. Everything is much more public now, so people are acting more well behaved. You can still get a dick boss, but it will be more subtle and under the radar type thing.

Pay and benefits are still trash though, unless you are one of the higher ups.