The Reliable

"Excellent Striker"
"Strong Ground Game"
"Good Cardio"
"He's a pretty good guy!"

has a nice ring to it IMO.

...I'm just bored.

They call me Gonzaga.

Long story short Jorge Gurgel could never remember my name and he thinks I look like Gabe Gonzaga. I asked a question and he said "You...Gabriel Gonzaga - that's right, you're Gonzaga from now on, you big bastard."

It stuck.

Now even the real Gabe Gonzaga knows that there is some guy in Canada named after him.

I am 100% okay with it.

Sunshine...yea not very tough, but I have a yellow Vulkan gi so Sunshine it is.

sunshine.jpg

tee hee

One guy called me Sadist, but it was because I could take a lot, not that I am a real smasher or anything. Basically, I could defend wrestlers from sidemount and half guard, until they gas or I swept or got guard, and then I attack. I don't know how that makes me a Sadist, lol.

My friends in wrestling call me 'The Wildcard' cuz some days I make the team win and some days I make them lose. Needless to say I'm the center of attention. Usually in a bad way...

My #1 nickname is uneventful, but a bunch of people call me Menudo.

guys at my BJJ gym call me Josh Barnett ... apparently there's a resemblance that I was unaware of

At my old boxing gym my coach used to call me Sunshine because he couldn't remember my name and I had really blonde hair from riding around in my jeep with no top in the summer in Athens, GA. Where is my time machine?

mr green. i used to bring my equipment to the gym in a re-usable bag you get from the grocery store. saving the earth

its two guys......... i lost an av bet

thanks for telling me... but sorry I asked. I was deluding myself that it was two ugly chicks.

So, is there a time limit on this bet?
Will you ever be free?

Thanks for the laugh

I have trouble with my balance sometimes when doing Muay Thai. So I would lose balance a fall a lot in the middle of striking without getting hit and my coach started calling me scooby doo. I didn't get it until I saw a thing of scooby doo running haha.

"Pantene". When I started training with my current coach I had long hair and his gf at the time made a comment that I had really like hair and that I must use pantene shampoo. My coach is horrible with names so he was like 'you, pantene, roll with x'. The name stuck. I use to hate it, but now I'm so accustomed to it. I've been announced in most of my mma fights with the nickname too.

childhood friends
JohnnyBoy when I was getting into trouble
PapaJohn when I was the henmother of the group

first club/judo
John-John= I am so big that one name isn't enough

BJJ/club= Buffy, only one guy for the first 9 months would call me it, now it has started to catch on

I tried to give one guy the nickname Bermuda after he triangled 9 straight people in a comp, didn't catch

I've been called The Exorcist due to my creepy flexibility. "The girl" because it's suiting.

Pinky. my white gi turned pink after I rolled with a guy in a red gi. I'm also the youngest in the gym.

Back