Do you have a favorite Elvis movie?

Island of Love

I think. I saw it when I was really young and I just googled a bunch of Elvis movie images and I thought it was it, because it was in Hawaii. Only saw part of the middle and the end of the movie though, but thought it was really cool at the time.

Last edited:
Wow. It must be an age thing. Jana had never seen an Elvis movie before last night either. Which shocked me. But then I realized that I grew up during an era when there were a plethora of movies on during the afternoons on broadcast television. Something that was no longer the case in the 90s when she was growing up. In other words, as she likes to tease me by reminding me occasionally, "you're old, honey. Very, very old". And, she's right, damn it. I just tend to forget it occasionally. :D
I know she means it in an affectionate way, but I just didn't ever see one, and my mum ADORED Elvis so I don't know how I haven't.
When I used to go to my Grandma's for a week over the summer holidays I used to take a pic of James Dean for my bedside table another one another story, but I only saw Rebel Without a Cause for the first time this year on a plane and I fell asleep. Bit rubbish with classics, me.

I'm watching my favorite as I type this, KING CREOLE. I had it on DVD already but this week I upgraded to Paramount's new Blu-ray version. It has a new 5.1 Dolby surround mix & it was made from a 4K master that looks awesome. Unfortunately, KING CREOLE is one of just a few Elvis films that have been released on Blue-ray. I have two of the others FLAMING STAR & LOVE ME TENDER. I still need to update my DVD copy of JAILHOUSE ROCK & get VIVA LAS VEGAS on Blu. WILD IN THE COUNTRY is another one that I need to get.
Man this brings back memories as a kid, back in the 80s Elvis was still popular they would have movie marathons for his movies during the anniversary of his death they would play his movies from Friday, Saturday , Sunday my mom and aunts loved Elvis.

I dont have a particular favorite but I liked the one with Ann Margaret.

Back