Do you have a favorite Elvis movie?

sweetviolenturg

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm watching my favorite as I type this, KING CREOLE. I had it on DVD already but this week I upgraded to Paramount's new Blu-ray version. It has a new 5.1 Dolby surround mix & it was made from a 4K master that looks awesome. Unfortunately, KING CREOLE is one of just a few Elvis films that have been released on Blue-ray. I have two of the others FLAMING STAR & LOVE ME TENDER. I still need to update my DVD copy of JAILHOUSE ROCK & get VIVA LAS VEGAS on Blu. WILD IN THE COUNTRY is another one that I need to get.

My dad's favorite was always Clambake but I couldn't watch Elvis movies longer than a few mins

I've come across a few scenes on tv when I was younger. I remember thinking "this really sucks. Elvis is a terrible actor and there is really nothing to this" and then I would change the channel.

No but I saw a few clips on YouTube that involved with a hot young Ann Margret.

Admittedly, I haven't seen a lot of Elvis movies. I've been wanting to get on that. But of the few I have seen I'd say It Happened at the World's Fair stands out as my favorite.

Don’t really think I’ve seen any of his movies all through.

But the fact that he was making them..I respect that.

Dunno, but...
Suspicious Minds is my favorite Elvis song.
With a year of TDD... King would’ve been WW champ champ.

elvis-presley-showing-some-karate-skills

Last edited:
The one where he sings 'we gotta win this race' and 'lemonade, that cool refreshing drink'

Clambake, although none of his movies are what you might call.... "Good."

Bubba Ho-Tep.
Honestly I love Elvis as a musician but never really watched more than a little bit of his movies.

You know what BFAM? @sweetviolenturg don't think I've ever seen one. I did go to Graceland though on the drive from VA to here.

Wow. It must be an age thing. Jana had never seen an Elvis movie before last night either. Which shocked me. But then I realized that I grew up during an era when there were a plethora of movies on during the afternoons on broadcast television. Something that was no longer the case in the 90s when she was growing up. In other words, as she likes to tease me by reminding me occasionally, "you're old, honey. Very, very old". And, she's right, damn it. I just tend to forget it occasionally. :D

Not really. My mom was a big fan but he never did much for me.

I love Elvis...Favorite movie apart from his concert films? Probably It Happened at the World's Fair as it was partly filmed in Seattle and Kurt Russell made his big screen debut in this film.

Back