Do you guys think Diego Sanchez should retire?

Yes he should and frankly if the judging in MMA wasn't so atrocious he'd have been cut years ago, but because he keeps getting these terrible decisions go in his favour he's still in the UFC and therefore still fighting

Agreed, in the past 6 years his only win that wasn't controversial was against Paulo Thiago who isn't even in the UFC anymore

The matchmaking for him has been absolutely horrendous in recent years to the point where I actually think they are trying to force him out. The guy is arguably 1-7 in his last 8, making a huge weight cut for the first time, and is now being forced to fight a top 5 FW? "Joe Silva, matchmaker extraordinaire!" :rolleyes:

The UFC could actually keep some of their big names around if they didn't throw them to the wolves all the time. Guess we won't see Nog vs Cro Cop 2 or Diego vs Lauzon after all because these much more compelling matchups have to happen...

Not Joe silva

No. This is all he knows. He's been fighting his whole life. He was on TUF 1. What is he going to do if he retires? Where will he get his income from? A lot of these fighters don't have options. He is trying to jump start his career again at a lower weight. - Warriors like Diego don't retire on their own terms its usually far after they should have retired. We have seen fighters who have been on bad streaks to come back later in their careers..arlovski, mir, lawler...Don't count him out completely yet. At the very least he's a gatekeeper for up and coming contenders.

came for the yes,was not disappointed.

he went downhill because he was too cocky and he changed his fighting from the style that got him the wins before the losses. He used to be ground and pound then he went to mostly striking and this is where his flaws arose.
Yes.
I was quite a fan, but now I just worry about his long term health.

I actually like watching him get the shit beat out him fight after fight....
When he gets those W's after though I get hatefuck mad. I say he owes us at least 7 more shit whippings before he can retire.

He can keep fighting but not against powerful hitters such as Myles jury, Michael Johnson or barboza. Give him only non threatening opponents

Let him fight rustam khabilov or Joe lauzon or something.

Remember how awesome he was at scrambling and ground work?

Now he's going to end up in a nursing home by 50, drooling and urinating on himself.

Agreed, in the past 6 years his only win that wasn't controversial was against Paulo Thiago who isn't even in the UFC anymore
The only way you beat diego sanchez in a decision is if you steal his soul.

Nah. He should just retire from fighting top 15 guys and stay at LW. He's going to look like molasses at FW. If Pearson was having problems with the speed of guys at that weight, then Diego is just going to look bad.

I think he should retire. The last fight I think he won was in 2010.

Back