Do you guys think CM Punk is scared to fight?

I've said it before, after seeing him ringside at Robbie v. Rory and seeing the absolute gladiatorial brutality of that fight that he would never step foot in the ring.

then why bother showing up last weekend?

Don´t think he´s scared, but i think he realizes nothing good will come from this. He know he´s got nothing in the cage.

CM Punk was the only thing that kept my interest in rasslin and when he left I stopped watching entirely. Big fan.

That being said I do believe he's a little scared to fight and end up getting his ass kicked. I'll be pulling for him if/when he does fight but I most certainly wouldn't put any money on him.

He SHOULD be scared. Like many have said in this thread, MMA is real and fighting in the UFC is no joke. When they first announced his signing I had never heard of the guy, and thought it was pretty silly. Since then I've seen some interviews with him and he seems humble, realistic, and respectful. Props to him for having the juice to start out with a UFC contract in MMA, but it probably won't go so well for him at this high of a level though. We'll see pretty soon I guess.

His team and training partners will have him feeling confident when hes walking towards the cage

Is it possible that he is a lil bit scared?
Everyone is scared to fight. GSP said he gets the butterflies everytime he steps into the cage. But they still do it. They don't sign up for a fight to dodge.

They don't sign up for a fight to dodge.

Everyone is scared to fight. GSP said he gets the butterflies everytime he steps into the cage. But they still do it. They don't sign up for a fight to dodge.

They don't sign up for a fight to dodge.

What about guys like Machida who are really elusive? Do they sign up for a fight to dodge? :D

No, I dont even get how UFC gets publicity without him fighting.

No he is not. He is the best in the world. He's a cult of personality. A straight edge superstar. He is money in the bank for Dana. He would rather go to sleep than submit to society. He would never give up. The entire UFC universe should be behind him. He's running wild in training and he got injured.

I think he must be a little scared, but I think he's more afraid of embarrassing himself on a world scale. I think the more and more he attends events sees everything backstage that the athletes go through he is having second thoughts, realizing he may not be cut out for this. I don't blame him though, only a small percentage of the population on the planet is and he's seeing it when his own eyes at the highest level.

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway." -John Wayne

Is it possible that he is a lil bit scared?

Maybe a little bit. He's used to performing at big events in front of huge crowds. I don't think the fact that it's a real fight makes much difference to him. Many people wanted to see him fail in wrestling. I don't think he really cares what people think. No one is trying to force him into this. He's doing it for himself.
But at this stage in his life maybe he should take all these setbacks as a sign and go down a different path.

Every fighter fears losing. They aren't human if not. Ask Mike Tyson

ambulance_copy.jpg

so that's what happens when you dial 191....

Back