Do you guys consider Jon Jones to be undefeated?

I guess I'm in the minority here. I consider him undefeated. He has a loss on his record, but no fighter has actually defeated him. No one has beat him, and that is the bottom line.

Two-part answer.

The DQ was fair, because Jon did throw illegal strikes. It's a shame, too, because they were completely unnecessary. And Maz handled the stoppage horribly. But still... he did throw those strikes.

However, I do not consider a DQ loss to be a defeat. Not all losses are defeats. Therefore, I do consider Jones undefeated, with a fair DQ loss.

Jones is undefeated, no one has defeated him. Does Jones have a loss on his record? Yes, but he was DQed and that doesnt stand for Defeat is stands for Disqualified.

Fedor was considered undefeated for that 9-year-run even though he 'lost' to TK by cut. At least TK did something damaging to Fedor...

...but, but, but...Jones lost fair and square, by unleashing vicious illegal elbows to a defenseless Hammill. So it counts!

Jones' DQ was legit, He's undefeated, but has a loss

(This coming from a giant Fedor fan)

There are many ways to win and many ways to lose.

A win is a win; a loss is a loss.

Bones lost.

Or are you just avoiding the question?

A lot of people in this thread, including myself, agree that Jones has a loss on his record, but has never been bested by an opponent in the octagon.

shouldn't have thrown those downwards elbows, he knew what was up

Pretty much. I treat it like the Fedor-TK thing.

It was a horrible DQ decision since he got DQ'd for something unrelated to the downward elbow foul.

Also, it was one of the biggest referee fails in UFC history since the referee is asking the deaf guy who is temporarily blinded by blood in his eyes if he can continue. Hammil is just repeating that he can't see because he has blood in his eyes and it doesn't occur to the referee that this means Hamill can't see/lip read what he's saying.

Horrible decision all the way around.

Not to mention there's a decent case that the fight should have been stopped by then since Jones was battering Hammil into early retirement before the downward elbows began.

Agree completely about the whole situation. But maybe I give the ref a LITTLE more slack because I figured when I first saw Hammil that being a deaf fighter might end up causing some kind of issues and there you go. Blood in the eyes, no hearing, can't really respond reasonably to the ref.

Yeah Jones was DQ'd but anybody who considers that a "defeat" is just grasping for straws. He has a loss on his record, but nobody has defeated him yet.

He broke the rules and lost the fight, yet he was not defeated by the other fighter.

yes. He defeated himself.

That said, Matt Hamill's tears of blood are such a badass part of JJ's highlight reel, that its not a total loss.

He wasn't defeated by a fighter, but the rules got him.

Undefeated in my books.

no doubt, he's undefeated. just like fedor was (although that was a bit different because earlier that night he was given a gift against arona)

a loss is a loss, but it doesnt mean shit if it's not legit

There are many ways to win and many ways to lose.

A win is a win; a loss is a loss.

Bones lost.

jones destroyed and outclassed his opponent and moved closer to a title shot while his opponent moved further away.

it's meaningless how you choose to categorize the destruction of matt hamill at the hands of jon jones.

YES!

He was running threw Hamill like a hot knife threw butter!!!

According to GSP fans, Matt Hammil "TKO finished" Jones.

WTF ! , undefeated? He lost to a pregnant lady.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back