Do you guys consider Jon Jones to be undefeated?

I think that fight should have been a NC. Was BS. I remember being pissed off about it back in the day. Anyways, it sucks that it's a loss but he manhandled Hamill so I wouldn't really consider him ever losing.

But Vitor almost snapped his arm off. That was a nasty armbar, I sounded stupid when I told my friends the only way Vitor was gonna win was from his guard, I was close. Dude has underrated BJJ. A black belt under Carlson Gracie is no joke, especially when received in his teenage years.

So a win over Kongo makes you a top contender? Cool Story Brah.

Heath Herring was 2-3 in the UFC but that win over Kongo made him a real contender.:rolleyes:

Hey dumbass it got him an immediate title shot.

You really need to stop posting.

Hey dumbass, Brock wasn't champ when they fought.You REALLY need to stop posting.

Hey dumbass it got him an immediate TITLE SHOT. Check yo facts.

So Heath Herring fought Brock Lesnar for the UFC heavyweight title? Thanks for pointin out that "fact"

Ya need to be a lil more clear with ya post

So Heath Herring fought Brock Lesnar for the UFC heavyweight title? Thanks for pointin out that "fact"

Ya need to be a lil more clear with ya post

You checked your facts, saw that Mir earned an immediate shot at the interim belt after beating Kongo and are now backtracking and moving the goalposts. Thanks for coming.

You checked your facts, saw that Mir earned an immediate shot at the interim belt after beating Kongo and are now backtracking and moving the goalposts. Thanks for coming.

Let me try again...

Heath Herring was 2-3 in the UFC but that win over Kongo made him a real contender.:rolleyes:

Hey dumbass, Brock wasn't champ when they fought.You REALLY need to stop posting.

I think what actually happened was...Ya didn't know what ya was talkin about, thought Brock was champ, got exposed by ME, and when checked fightfinder ya sh!t ya panties and now tryin to save face.

No, He made a mistake and got DQ'd

Let me try again...

I think what actually happened was...Ya didn't know what ya was talkin about, thought Brock was champ, got exposed by ME, and when checked fightfinder ya sh!t ya panties and now tryin to save face.

Hey dumbass this was your original idiotic post that introduced Mir into the topic:

QUOTE=JayMachiavelli;76827895]How was it relevant? Mir was a contender (at the time)and Kongo has always been a middle of the pack gatekeeper with very limited grappling skills. I like Cheick Kongo but beating him doesn't make ya a contender.[/QUOTE]

So yeah, the subject was Mir and how the win over Kongo was 'irrelevant'. You tried to throw a red 'Herring' in there, pardon the pun, but the subject was Mir and always has been Mir. Mir beating Kongo was clearly a huge win as it elevated him to interim title contender but you described it as "irrelevant" You got exposed jack.
Time to bow out gracefully, if that's possible.

Hey dumbass this was your original idiotic post that introduced Mir into the topic:

QUOTE=JayMachiavelli;76827895]How was it relevant? Mir was a contender (at the time)and Kongo has always been a middle of the pack gatekeeper with very limited grappling skills. I like Cheick Kongo but beating him doesn't make ya a contender.

So yeah, the subject was Mir and how the win over Kongo was 'irrelevant'. You tried to throw a red 'Herring' in there, pardon the pun, but the subject was Mir and always has been Mir. Mir beating Kongo was clearly a huge win as it elevated him to interim title contender but you described it as "irrelevant" You got exposed jack.
Time to bow out gracefully, if that's possible.

It's over, you lost, just stop responding & this thread will soon be WASTELAND or 500 pages away. Your lack of knowledge about MMA will soon be forgot.

yes, if you know the circumstances of his DQ, he was never in any danger and would have won that fight...and im no jon jones fan

It's over, you lost, just stop responding & this thread will soon be WASTELAND or 500 pages away. Your lack of knowledge about MMA will soon be forgot.

um, he was talking about mir.

No a Jones fan in the least, but he's undefeated as far as I'm concerned.

It was a horrible DQ decision since he got DQ'd for something unrelated to the downward elbow foul.

Also, it was one of the biggest referee fails in UFC history since the referee is asking the deaf guy who is temporarily blinded by blood in his eyes if he can continue. Hammil is just repeating that he can't see because he has blood in his eyes and it doesn't occur to the referee that this means Hamill can't see/lip read what he's saying.

Horrible decision all the way around.

Not to mention there's a decent case that the fight should have been stopped by then since Jones was battering Hammil into early retirement before the downward elbows began.

Strongly disagree.

First, nobody knew Matt had a dislocated shoulder. It took hours if not days to get the confirmation. Fail.

Second, the blood in the eyes WAS what the REF judged as "incapacitated the fighter". Sure it was stupid to ask Matt if he was able to continue but even so, the blood was reason enough to stop the fight since the unified rules don't allow to wipe the fighter's face except in between round. The only way to get the face wiped is to get the fighter up and bring him in front of the doctor. He will only wipe the injured area to verify the wound. Other wiping is prohibited.
Fail again.

Last but not least, what makes you the authority of "when fights should be stopped"? Sure, most people agree that the REF "should" have stopped the fight before the elbow but he didn't. Jones got impatient and started raining illegal elbows, one after the other. The illegal shots opened the cut that started "leaking" into Matt's eyes, hindering his ability to continue. The illegal shots made the fighter unable to continue, therefore the DQ was the one and only choice:

16. Injuries Sustained by Fair Blows and Fouls

b- If an injury sustained during competition as a result of an intentional foul, as determined by the referee, is severe enough to terminate a bout, the contestant causing the injury loses by disqualification.

UFC.com: Rules and regulations

No doctor check up required, no "but it was the shoulder", no second opinion needed: the ref decided that the injury was severe enough to terminate the bout and called a DQ on Jon Jones as was his only choice.
Total fail for you...

Brought to you by one of Jon Jones' biggest fan. This DQ made Jon Jones grow up and mature as a fighter. Look where it got him today...

$(KGrHqVHJ!sE+Nl!3hSTBQ(J9,6GIg~~60_35.JPG

Morally, yes. But statistically he broke a rule and paid for it.

Yes, he whopped Hamill who's shoulder popped. Should've been stopped sooner. Jones rained down 12/6's, so he's no victim in this, though.

It's my view of DQ losses where the "winner" is losing the fight and the better fighter has a brainfart. I don't consider Silva/Okami 1 a legit win for Okami, but Jones/Hamill was way more one-sided.

A-league vs B-league, Jones > Hamill no matter what the judges say.

There are many ways to win and many ways to lose.

A win is a win; a loss is a loss.

Bones lost.

Yeah, I think so TS.

Purely because the fight should have been stopped before those illegal strikes as Hammil was done...

Bones lost, he defeated himself by not fighting within the rules. So, you may call it a win because he beat himself, but he still lost.

Back