Do you guys consider Chael Sonnen as the last WEC champion?

He's technically not the WEC champion, but we all know what happened.
If Lutter had beat Anderson, we would have considered him the champion as well.

If Lutter had won the fight I wouldn't have considered him the UFC champion since he was the one who missed weight, but I consider the last WEC champ since it was Filho who missed weight and not Chael.

Technically no.

Although word is Filho mailed him the title.

Did not Filho, himself, send Chael the belt? He considered Chael the champ, as do I.

Such an amazing feat by Shale Sonnen!

b87nl4.jpg

Yes and no. The champ missing weight shouldn't make it a non-title fight if the challenger loses, but the Paulo Filho that went up there that night should never have been allowed to fight in the first place, he was literally drugged.

To me, the big asterisk isn't even the missed weight but the fact he was under the influence during the fight of some potent stuff. I remember watching it live and Filho was not there then Rogan or whoever commentating noticed him looking everywhere but Chael. I mean, do y'all know what he was saying to Chael during the fight lol...

http://middleeasy.com/index.php?opt...-filho-whispered-in-his-ear&catid=36:fighters

Just, wow.

Pretty much this.

Filho was in terrible state in that ' fight', it was sad.

Sonnen deserved that belt not so much for 'win', because it wasn't much of a win, but for having to take part in that creepy shit, lol.

That fight shouldn't have happened. It sucks for Sonnen that Filho couldn't make weight, but the Filho he beat had no business fighting. Paulo obviously needed treatment and a few weeks in a hospital.

Back