do you guys buy cs:go skins

savemgs

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I was just talking to my my old business acquaintance today he
used to do a lot of camouflage models for me for CS 1.6 back in the day. and we got to talking about how people buy these for cs:go that cost a obscene amount of money. and he said he can remake any of those skins within 5 minutes. he went on to make a exact replica of a m4 skin that sells for $40. and yes he did it under 5 minutes.

Ive bought a few.

These arent exactly masterpieces that youd see in a museum. Nor are they complex in design. So i dont understand your criticism there.

Nope. Used to use skins in 1.3-1.5 before I really got into competitive play. Since then I don't pay attention to how my guns look.

Yeah.

Some for my own use, some for trading (either to other skins or to steam games) some to gamble on CSGO games (gives good excitement, some good rewards when you win on good games and makes watching great matches even more interesting) .

Even some to sell for real money later on (this isn't as simple as it may sound, gotta know the markets or have good luck to get more money than you paid it for).

I like to make business and trading with them. Also bit on gambling and I am on the positive side so far with a good margin. I bet for the underdogs (almost exclusively) and never bet too much. I like to watch matches between big teams anyways, so putting skins on them adds to the excitement even more. Also for the training thing, if you get the right skins at the right time, you can make a good profit.

Just so you know savemgs. Skinning for games is fairly easy to do. As someone who does zero graphical work i used to create and view car skins for N2K2/N2K3 back in 2002-2005.

All it takes is the template, basic understanding of photoshop layering and a 3D model viewer.

Vanity is purely subjective, so who cares what the value margin is?

Great games use vanity to profit in order to fund development and maintenance of core mechanics. If their margins are great I don't care so long as they are putting it back into the game.

Which is why bitching about vanity items is stupid. All of the cancer in the world of freemium and pay-to-win gaming, and you let this ruffle your feathers?

Counterstrike has micro-transactions now?

giphy.gif

Unrelated note. How do I find regular maps like de_dust and de_inferno on CS:GO? Or do they even exist? I tried looking but could only find one running Gun Game server on the whole server list.

Counterstrike has micro-transactions now?

It never did.

Unrelated note. How do I find regular maps like de_dust and de_inferno on CS:GO?

de_dust is no longer part of the official game modes from low popularity. Only shortdust exists(smaller modified version) for the Wingman game mode.

de_inferno is part of the Active Duty map pool.

Which is why bitching about vanity items is stupid. All of the cancer in the world of freemium and pay-to-win gaming, and you let this ruffle your feathers?

@savemgs is a 1.6'r. To him nothing will top that CS version.

I did with money I got from selling shit in my steam inventory

Got me a Mortis AWP.

Might buy an Empress but I haven't been able to justify it.

Back