Social Do you get excited when a new store opens in your area?

I get excited for new local amenities. If I didn’t have a supermarket nearby and one opened, I’d be excited for the added convenience. I’d never want to wait in line to be the first one in, or even really rush any of my normal routines to check the place out, but I’m still happy to have more options.

Recently a new local pizza/sub shop opened at the bottom of my hill. There’s a little town square with decent parking and a few shops but previously no takeout place. After a year and a half of paying huge delivery fees whenever I didn’t want to cook I was very excited to try the place out. I went the first week and the place was mobbed, they’re a pizza shop and they ran out of cheese for pizzas. I got subs, the food was good and I’ll definitely order there again, but probably better to let the initial interest die down a little.

No, I live in the burbs near NYC, I can have whatever I want within minutes. I mostly look forward to concerts coming to town. I need Metallica to come around and put on an epic show. Maybe have Anthrax open for them.

No, would get excited if a Howlin' Rays opened in my town tho.

howlin-rays-2.jpg

This would make my ass howl.

I'd kill for a Meijer to open up in Chicago.

Fuck. No.

I see heaps of losers line up and swarm the place when it's new. So retarded.

No. It's just a reminder that this place is getting way too crowded.

Never enough to go stand in long line.

There's a store I want to buy something from, but I avoid after driving by and seeing the parking lot look tiny. I don't want to park in narrow stalls.

Yes but mainly because my area is growing and I specifically purchased my house in this area for that reason.

No. The people who get excited about that shit are what I call “auto-pilot” people. They’re just on fucking auto-pilot their whole lives, never thinking for themselves. They’re the ones who graduate high school, get a job, and then think, “I guess I’m supposed to get married and have kids now, so that is my mission in life.” They do these things without ever thinking about whether or not they actually want to, or if maybe they would like to go to college.
They get excited when a new store or Cheesecake Factory opens because they don’t know what else to do with themselves, and they think they’re supposed to be excited about it. Their only hobby is consumerism. And they gladly take it up.

Back