Do you find this picture to be true?

Nah, 27 was easy. I was 27 in 2009, I had just bought my house and had my second kid. Signed up on sherdog too that year. Shit was almost too easy to be sad and dejected and self-loathing like the picture in the OP.

However, frumpy single moms practically grow on trees where I'm from. That part of the pic about being a step-dad is probably pretty accurate if you are still single.

Not true at all, as long as you're somewhat attractive and successful. I'm 40 and divorced (I left my marriage to find someone I was more compatible with) and the 3 serious relationships I've been in since my divorce about 6 years ago have been with very attractive late 20s early 30 year olds with no kids so they might be rare but they're out there.

One of them was just very picky about finding a mate (she dumped me and was a serial dater), the next was a bat shit crazy but very fun and hot 30 year old (I eventually had to dump her), and my current gf is 29 and divorced from her HS sweetheart who she lost her virginity to. I'm the first guy she's been with since her divorce. I don't plan on letting her get away, she's perfect for me, exactly what I left my marriage to find, and I realize how rare girls like her are. I just happened to get really lucky and be in the right place at the right time.

I must be doing something right, but anyway, if you're 27 and those are truly your only options you must be a pathetic loser.

I really don't understand societies pressure to of achieved certain things by a certain age. Things are much different now to past generations where you might just get one job you stick to, and marry your childhood sweat hart.
I find this to be worse with women, especially ones in their mid twenties. It's like they are competing with their female friends.
This post is true. I’ve noticed this. When one girl gets married her friends are not far behind. I’ve also noticed this with pregnancy’s too.

This post is true. I’ve noticed this. When one girl gets married her friends are not far behind. I’ve also noticed this with pregnancy’s too.
Oh Absolutely!! Over a two year period all the couples I know have gotten married, pregnant or both. And I didn't even have a big circle of friends.
Sad thing is, I'm now excluded the these people near enough.

I remember being 18 and thinking my life would be set in my late 20s.

I remember being 18 and thinking my life would be set in my late 20s.
Right? I'm in my late thirties and just picked up and moved over a thousand miles away to start over again. On the bright side, as long as you don't give up its never too late too improve.

Went through some rough times the last few years but I kept my head down and kept pushing through, and now things seem to be looking up again.

Do you think there's truth in this picture?

p6QVVrI.jpg

If you live in Some shithole probably Yes

Right? I'm in my late thirties and just picked up and moved over a thousand miles away to start over again. On the bright side, as long as you don't give up its never too late too improve.

Went through some rough times the last few years but I kept my head down and kept pushing through, and now things seem to be looking up again.

Good for you man. For real. I didn't share this here and opted to instead make shitty threads about chicks I'm not going to bang, but I spiraled into severe depression again a while back after breaking up with my ex and retiring from boxing, two things I loved dearly. Didn't know where to go with my life. Now I have a new passion and perhaps even a new direction.

Things will look up and it's all how you make it out to be, unless you live in North Korea or something. Even then, some of those people somehow manage to get out. I met a North Korean who grew up stealing food to survive and had friends freeze to death in their sleep during winters. Now she's living a "normal" life in South Korea and doesn't have to worry about starving again. She was tiny and had fucked up teeth from the malnutrition as a kid. Super cheerful disposition despite all of that hardship. Meanwhile sherdoggers are worried they won't bang hot chicks past 27.

Good for you man. For real. I didn't share this here and opted to instead make shitty threads about chicks I'm not going to bang, but I spiraled into severe depression again a while back after breaking up with my ex and retiring from boxing, two things I loved dearly. Didn't know where to go with my life. Now I have a new passion and perhaps even a new direction.

Things will look up and it's all how you make it out to be, unless you live in North Korea or something. Even then, some of those people somehow manage to get out. I met a North Korean who grew up stealing food to survive and had friends freeze to death in their sleep during winters. Now she's living a "normal" life in South Korea and doesn't have to worry about starving again. She was tiny and had fucked up teeth from the malnutrition as a kid. Super cheerful disposition despite all of that hardship. Meanwhile sherdoggers are worried they won't bang hot chicks past 27.
Yeah you probably remember I'm known as a bit of a debbie downer on here. I struggle hard with depression and have had some horrific luck for the last five years. But things are really turning around lately, finally, and it feels great.

There were practically no good jobs where I used to live. I had struggled so long it was really hard to feel optimistic about anything. But I found a job within a week of moving here and I can see myself getting out of debt and back on my feet soon. It's been an interesting last couple of years. I feel like I've really grown as a person and changed my outlook on life. I'm looking toward the future and trying to make improvements and get my life where I want it to be, and I really feel like it's possible if I keep putting in the effort.

Everything still isn't ideal, but things are looking up and I feel like it's going to keep getting better and better.

{<redford}

Definitely when you get older
I'm in one now . I still like to party but getting told to reign it in

27? Shit. I'm 35, and decided to hell with that road map and landed myself a 23 year old. And I am not good looking, successful, or wealthy.

Confidence and personality can do you wonders. Never give up, never say die, and never forget how to eat the pussy.

After coming back to Podunk, TN for some extended home time, my answer is: Depends on your location.

I feel this is why whenever there's a thread about Tinder or dating women in their 30s it tends to be polarising. In NYC (and I'm guessing other big cities) finding single, attractive women late 20s - early 40s isn't that difficult, but here, good luck finding a halfway attractive woman past 25 that isn't married or has kids. Then the ones that are single are single for a good reason.

Back