Do you find it annoying that Bones never faces consequences for his actions?

Name a big star that has other than Chael Sonnen (who got caught for PEDs 3 times) who has been disciplined for bad actions.

I'm wondering, and I could be wrong here, but I'm wondering if Dana had a meeting with Bones and said something along the lines of, "Look, this looks bad. I can fine you, maybe suspend you for 6 months, or you can go to rehab and I'll try to smooth this over."

Maybe Bones just said yea, I'll go to rehab.

I wish I could upvote on here.

giphy.gif

This. Not limited to athletes, celebrities in general (Bieber, Lohan etc).

It's a sickening injustice.

In America if you have money and/or make a lot of money for someone you can easily get away with most crime.

For example, 2 years ago a rich 16 year old drove drunk and seriously injured 4 people, killing one. This was is second case of a DUI (while underage) and the judge gives him house arrest in his parent's vacation mansion.

Same same judge gave a 15 year old kid who accidentally killed a bully who he was defending himself against 10 years in prison.

It seems like theyre trying to cover up for their cash cow

Name a big star that has other than Chael Sonnen (who got caught for PEDs 3 times) who has been disciplined for bad actions.

Not a "bad move" but GSP caught alot of flak from Dana because he thought he robbed Hendricks. That was just as close as Gus/Jones.
Remember The grease thing in the BJ fight? Yeah that too.

Diaz/weed thing

One funny thing. Dana busted Lil heaten out of jail

Sometime the harshest punishment is harshest punishment

In America if you have money or make a lot of money for someone you can easily get away with most crime.

For example, 2 years ago a rich 16 year old drove drunk and seriously injured 4 people. This was is second case of a DUI and the judge gives him house arrest in his parent's vacation mansion.

Same same judge gave 10 years for a 15 year old accidentally killing a bully who he was defending himself against.

I want to disagree with you, but I can't. I've had some run ins with the law so to speak and it absolutely matter how much money you can throw at talented lawyers. They called O.J.'s lawyers the dream team, he had like 3 of the best lawyers in history working for him at the same time.

But yea, in the U.S., it matters how much fame or money you have. The poor get a shit representation, the rich can get representation that would convince almost any jury of anything.

I guess is called A level fighter treatment, opposed to B level fighters that are caught pissing hot and they are not the most dominant champion in the history of their divisions. Jones has not been caught yet.

Not a "bad move" but GSP caught alot of flak from Dana because he thought he robbed Hendricks. That was just as close as Gus/Jones.
Remember The grease thing in the BJ fight? Yeah that too.

Minor stuff but yeah

That was from stupid fans. It's not like Dana was pissed and wanted to strip GSP of the belt himself.

GSP also got away with that grease deal. Greasing yourself during the fight might have been a loophole in the rules back then.

Um, lol.

Rich people get away with murder, literally. I remember a story from my area about this rich white kid that came up with an ingenious plan to steal his own car and get someone else to foot the bill. Well he got caught because he was a fuckin' idiot and there was a statement from his parents about how he's an upstanding member of his community, doesn't deserve prosecution, blah blah blah. There's a million, billion more stories like this happening every day and it bothers some of you Jones 'gets away with it'?

Welcome to the universe. Put your head under the covers and say God has a plan or accept reality that doesn't even remotely give a shit about fairness.

Yes but the UFC really can't afford to let a guy whos making them good money, an asset, get compromised. They are going to do whatever they can to smooth things over, it's what any smart business would do.

yeah it's kinda annoying but at the same time I would not like for him to get stripped or even cut since he's actually one of those fighters you always wanna watch.

I want to disagree with you, but I can't. I've had some run ins with the law so to speak and it absolutely matter how much money you can throw at talented lawyers. They called O.J.'s lawyers the dream team, he had like 3 of the best lawyers in history working for him at the same time.

But yea, in the U.S., it matters how much fame or money you have. The poor get a shit representation, the rich can get representation that would convince almost any jury of anything.

Also the shit that the LAPD was caught saying pretty much ruined the case against OJ. Great job police, incompetence and bigotry simultaneously.

Welcome to the universe. Put your head under the covers and say God has a plan or accept reality that doesn't even remotely give a shit about fairness.

Realizing that things are unfair doesn't require you to calmly accept it with a smile. People can, and do, get outraged about injustice and every once in a while, enough people with enough power are bothered enough for things to improve.

Sherdawg thread obviously won't start such a revolution or even contribute anything whatsoever to anything, but telling people to shut up and accept is peculiar.

I hope the people that are so "bothered" by this also have their tighties in a pinch about Liddell and Abbott and every other fighter who has partied or crashed a car or anything else that doesn't make them a 100% role model.

#get.a.fucking.life

TS yes....Its annoying as hell considering how much he continues to get away with. Now the organization looks bad. I don't care how great of a fighter he is or the lame excuses for his behavior, he isn't a champ and I won't watch him fight.

Back