Do you feel the UFC is a disgrace from the perspective or view of kickboxing fans?

Conor's trash talk was rude and all, but he didn't say anything to Khabib that seemed all that crazy.

See..thats YOUR opinion.
What Conor said, YOU dont see it as an issue.
Problem is, youre not Khabib. Khabib is Khabib. And what was said really pissed him off.

See..thats YOUR opinion.
What Conor said, YOU dont see it as an issue.
Problem is, youre not Khabib. Khabib is Khabib. And what was said really pissed him off.

It's my opinion how personally it should have been taken, but you can compare Conor's statements to other trash talk in combat sports and objectively see he wasn't go outside of the boundaries of what is usually said to other people

It's my opinion how personally it should have been taken, but you can compare Conor's statements to other trash talk in combat sports and objectively see he wasn't go outside of the boundaries of what is usually said to other people

Honestly, I dont know. I havent explored that.
So...its possible..i mean....i think Chael Sonnen said something about Andersons wife. But everyone is different so they will take different insults differently

He has actually. He went far and deep, actually saying stuff that most of the public wouldn't understand but would really piss off Khabib and his manager.

Have you seen this:

It's actually quite interesting, and goes deep.

He has actually. He went far and deep, actually saying stuff that most of the public wouldn't understand but would really piss off Khabib and his manager.

Have you seen this:

It's actually quite interesting, and goes deep.

I actually watched that after I saw the press conferences and was a bit confused haha. I'd say the beef Mike Zambidis and Gurkan Ozkan had is somewhat similar to this. Ozkan had beaten Stan Longinidis (Zambidis' trainer) and he talked a lot of shit about him leading up to the fight. There was also a lot of hostility between the two due to Greek-Turkish relations at the time being pretty hostile and there being a ton of beef between the countries in the past anyway. I'll see if I can find a video of the full press conference, but for now the best I can find is this:

The whole press conference was pretty entertaining, fun phrases like "turkmongol pig" were being thrown around much more harsh racist things. If I can think of more that got pretty out of hand I can edit the post and update, but again I do not think Conor said anything out of the ordinary when compared to how other fighters have acted in the past; certainly doesn't excuse what he said, though.

I actually watched that after I saw the press conferences and was a bit confused haha.

There's a lot to it, essentially if I had to summarise in a nutshell Conor referred several times to Khabib's religion and how backwards it is. The whole offering him a whiskey was clearly to test Khabib's reaction and again take the piss at the fact that Khabib's religion forbids him from drinking.

He then went deeper and more personal by talking a lot about Khabib's manager who was a terrorist infiltrator for the US before changing sides and not reporting some of the terrorist activities he was aware of which made him lose his job, and before being deported back to his country he made up some lies about his mum dying and having to support his kids (which apparently he doesn't even do) in order to stay in the US.

Conor then talked about how Khabib's dad was hanging out with a dictator (can't remember his name) who had done some pretty nasty things to the country. He also proceeds to mention how Khabib's country is Russia's little bitch and they're just submissive, that's why they even speak Russian (to which Khabib says to Conor "why do you speak English in Ireland then?"). Then talks about some stuff related to Putin.

He also talked about the billionaire (can't remember his name) who was financially supporting Khabib and his team until he got jailed not long ago for some dodgy affairs and could be in jail for a long time. He basically makes fun of Khabib for sucking up to that guy to get funds and that this guy is now jailed.

He also refers to Khabib being a fanboy of his in the past when Khabib asked him where he could buy a Conor McGregor t-shirt and took a picture with him.

That's some of what I can remember, but there's a lot related to politics, religion, Dagestan's past and some of Khabib's relations with dodgy backgrounds etc.

What I would say though is that if you were a bit confused by it and didn't fully understand what was being said you shouldn't say that "Conor's didn't say anything to Khabib that seemed all that crazy" and that it's "your opinion how personally it should have been taken" or that "Conor wasn't going outside of the boundaries". Even with my limited knowledge, I did enough research to understand most of what Conor said and it's very different to trash talking to sell a fight, he was going very deep and personal to an extent that most people who watched that press a conference don't understand most of what he was going on about. Making fun of someone's physique or fighting style or lifestyle like Conor did with his other opponents is different to attacking religion, country history, family, personal relations with ex-dictators and people involved in terrorism, and bringing up dodgy stuff from the past.

There's a lot to it, essentially if I had to summarise in a nutshell Conor referred several times to Khabib's religion and how backwards it is. The whole offering him a whiskey was clearly to test Khabib's reaction and again take the piss at the fact that Khabib's religion forbids him from drinking.

He then went deeper and more personal by talking a lot about Khabib's manager who was a terrorist infiltrator for the US before changing sides and not reporting some of the terrorist activities he was aware of which made him lose his job, and before being deported back to his country he made up some lies about his mum dying and having to support his kids (which apparently he doesn't even do) in order to stay in the US.

Conor then talked about how Khabib's dad was hanging out with a dictator (can't remember his name) who had done some pretty nasty things to the country. He also proceeds to mention how Khabib's country is Russia's little bitch and they're just submissive, that's why they even speak Russian (to which Khabib says to Conor "why do you speak English in Ireland then?"). Then talks about some stuff related to Putin.

He also talked about the billionaire (can't remember his name) who was financially supporting Khabib and his team until he got jailed not long ago for some dodgy affairs and could be in jail for a long time. He basically makes fun of Khabib for sucking up to that guy to get funds and that this guy is now jailed.

He also refers to Khabib being a fanboy of his in the past when Khabib asked him where he could buy a Conor McGregor t-shirt and took a picture with him.

That's some of what I can remember, but there's a lot related to politics, religion, Dagestan's past and some of Khabib's relations with dodgy backgrounds etc.

What I would say though is that if you were a bit confused by it and didn't fully understand what was being said you shouldn't say that "Conor's didn't say anything to Khabib that seemed all that crazy" and that it's "your opinion how personally it should have been taken" or that "Conor wasn't going outside of the boundaries". Even with my limited knowledge, I did enough research to understand most of what Conor said and it's very different to trash talking to sell a fight, he was going very deep and personal to an extent that most people who watched that press a conference don't understand most of what he was going on about. Making fun of someone's physique or fighting style or lifestyle like Conor did with his other opponents is different to attacking religion, country history, family, personal relations with ex-dictators and people involved in terrorism, and bringing up dodgy stuff from the past.

I am not confused by what Conor said, I think you misunderstood my reply. I was initially confused after watching the press conferences, and then I watched the video, which clarified everything and informed me of more. I completely understand what Conor said.

Last edited:
I am not confused by what Conor said, I think you misunderstood my reply. I was initially confused after watching the press conferences, and then I watched the video, which clarified everything and informed me of more. I completely understand what Conor said.
Which was certainly out of the norm for typical trash talking. Typical trash talking doesn't go that deep. Conor certainly pushed the envelope.

I'm not totally upset about it however it made for some great entertainment.

Which was certainly out of the norm for typical trash talking. Typical trash talking doesn't go that deep. Conor certainly pushed the envelope.

I'm not totally upset about it however it made for some great entertainment.

I'm also glad the bully finally got put in his place. "It's only business" lol

So now all of a sudden you care about Martial Arts? What's so Martial Arts about two overweight Eastern Europeans whiffing haymakers in a ring?

It's a real fight and real fights are violent. I grew up on the original UFC before their were rules.

I bought the PPV and had friends over to watch it and everyone had a fantastic fun time. Worth every penny.

what happen inside the ring/octagon is whole different thing from what happen outside of it.

we should expect some freakshow in combat sport, personally i enjoy many of them.

but what Connor did to that bus or what Khabib did post fight, are both disgrace to martial art.

what happen inside the ring/octagon is whole different thing from what happen outside of it.

we should expect some freakshow in combat sport, personally i enjoy many of them.

but what Connor did to that bus or what Khabib did post fight, are both disgrace to martial art.
There is no one by that name that fights in the UFC.

MMA is not martial arts though. It's a fight sport which renamed itself as "mixed martial arts" for marketing purposes and acceptance from the states and the public. It is still cage fighting.

There are no moral values attached to it like you'd have in Karate, Kung Fu, BJJ, Muay Thai etc.

MMA is not martial arts though. It's a fight sport which renamed itself as "mixed martial arts" for marketing purposes and acceptance from the states and the public. It is still cage fighting.

There are no moral values attached to it like you'd have in Karate, Kung Fu, BJJ, Muay Thai etc.

MMA is the melting pot of all martial art, its where all diifferent style can compete with each other.

why other combat sports have more values than "cage fighting" is something that just doesn't make any sense.

MMA is the melting pot of all martial art, its where all diifferent style can compete with each other.

why other combat sports have more values than "cage fighting" is something that just doesn't make any sense.

It's not actually the melting pot of martial arts though. It's a fight sport with open rules, that's all it is. Quit the "mixed martial arts" propaganda and see it as it really is.

Most martial artists stick to their own martial art to be honest, only a small percentage of those actually go to MMA. The majority of MMA fighters are wrestlers, guys who desperately need money (watch the ultimate fighter series you'll see a lot of that), and other dudes who just love to fight and want to make a living out of it.

MMA is a fight sport and that's what it was created for, for entertainment and money first and foremost. The other martial arts I've listed above, and there are many more, were not created for entertainment and money, they were created as martial arts with values, rituals etc.

The majority of Karateka's, Nak Muay, Judoka's, Kung Fu practisioners etc. stick to martial arts and you only see a handful of them in MMA compared to their total practitioner base.

If you don't understand why those martial arts have more values I'd suggest attending some Kararte tournaments, or Muay Thai fight nights, or Judo competitions. Then let me know once you see something like what Khabib did the other after his fight vs. Conor, or even what Conor did attacking that bus. Let me know when you find someone attacking a referee like it has happened before several times in MMA. Let me know when you see someone attack some judges after his fight like recently in Kickboxing. And I could go on like that all night.

Dont be that guy..
I'm that guy and proud to be one. Don't use someone's name if you can't be bothered to spell it correctly. The only person worse than the mis-speller is the apologist who tries to say it was okay to do so.

It's not actually the melting pot of martial arts though. It's a fight sport with open rules, that's all it is. Quit the "mixed martial arts" propaganda and see it as it really is.

Most martial artists stick to their own martial art to be honest, only a small percentage of those actually go to MMA. The majority of MMA fighters are wrestlers, guys who desperately need money (watch the ultimate fighter series you'll see a lot of that), and other dudes who just love to fight and want to make a living out of it.

MMA is a fight sport and that's what it was created for, for entertainment and money first and foremost. The other martial arts I've listed above, and there are many more, were not created for entertainment and money, they were created as martial arts with values, rituals etc.

The majority of Karateka's, Nak Muay, Judoka's, Kung Fu practisioners etc. stick to martial arts and you only see a handful of them in MMA compared to their total practitioner base.

If you don't understand why those martial arts have more values I'd suggest attending some Kararte tournaments, or Muay Thai fight nights, or Judo competitions. Then let me know once you see something like what Khabib did the other after his fight vs. Conor, or even what Conor did attacking that bus. Let me know when you find someone attacking a referee like it has happened before several times in MMA. Let me know when you see someone attack some judges after his fight like recently in Kickboxing. And I could go on like that all night.

look what happen in Conor V Khabib fight is rare occasion in mma, and yes, something to that level has happened in other combat sports or sports in general.

most combat sports also are for entertainment and make athlete and promoter bunch of money and that doesn't have to be a bad thing, as long as the spirit of martial arts are still there.

and I think its good that we see more cross training and martial are becoming more accessible, i don't see a good reason why we want to go back to the days when martial arts "stick to their own".

Real Martial Arts:

sandu%20lungu%20superfight.jpg

Back