Do you feel differently about Fedor vs CC after reading this?

I allways thought he gassed because he was forced to fight backwards for such an extended period. Usually a pressuring opponent will have to rethink things when they take mirkos shots,but it wasnt enough to keep Fedor off of him. Maybe he was nervous,but that strategy couldnt have helped his conditioning. Could Fedor have gone on forever taking those kicks to the body even though it didnt seem to visibly bother fedor in the beggining? probably not,but i dont think Mirko could have stayed on his bike against Fedor for 20 mins without getting taken down either. I never saw mirko as having the fight in the bag,and ive watched this fight many times,but thats just the way i saw it.

i wouldn't go that extreme, but I remember thinking CC won too.

for throwing and landing a handful straights and jabs in the first 3 or 4 minutes and spending the rest of the fight on his back?

weird.

its no wonder you break your hand throwing punches like he does. he literally puts his whole body into those shots.

This happens when your mind is too strong for your body. I got injured that way too.

With Fedor's will, I think he can push his limits farther than death level:D

CC coulda woulda shoulda had him. Fedor was hurt, but CC was so intent on winning by LHK that he threw it instead of playing smart. then he spent most of the rest of the fight on his back. as was inevitable.

good sub d though. that surprised most of us.

those were fun times. staying off the interwebs until the Pride PPV came sucked though.

I can't believe Fedor survived the LHK that CC did land. Melvin Guillard was hit with the same kick by Cerrone and rocked badly. Fedor didn't even look phased.

LHK2.gif

Cerrone%2BGuillard%2BKO.gif

Last edited:
Cro Cop gave him problems early, but Fedor had the right gameplan and wore him down. Fedor always had hand problems so it's not surprising to hear that he had some in this fight.

I don't wish to fight over this, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I don't have to rely on dim recollection. As I said, I watched it just yesterday. Fedor is moving forward and backing up Cro-Cop, yes, and it was very effective strategy, but for the first 5 minutes it is causing him to get clipped over and over. Mirko tags him good around the 5 minute mark give or take and rushes in. From there it's all down hill for Cro-Cop.

Regarding the reason for him running out of gas so suddenly, my only point is not the reason for that, but the result of it. I think had that not happened he had the fight in the bag. I am not discounting Fedor's performance, which, as Bas said at the time, was game plan excellence in action, but it would not have worked if Cro-Cop and had not gassed as he did.

And fair enough if you disagree. I'm not a Fedor hater by any means.

You saw it yesterday yet all you think Fedor did was keep coming forward lol. You don't mention any of Fedors offence. Him checking that low kick which shook Mirko was top notch. His training with Hoost was apparent.

You saw it yesterday yet all you think Fedor did was keep coming forward lol. You don't mention any of Fedors offence. Him checking that low kick which shook Mirko was top notch. His training with Hoost was apparent.

I don't disagree with you. I didn't say "all he did" was come forward. But for the first 5 minutes Cro-Cop landed more and did more damage.

I can't believe Fedor survived the LHK that CC did land. Melvin Guillard was hit with the same kick by Cerrone and rocked badly. Fedor didn't even look phased.

LHK2.gif

Cerrone%2BGuillard%2BKO.gif

There are subtle differences between the two.

I think if Fedor hadn't raised his right hand to block, it would have landed more cleanly. His right hand ate most of that kick and probably altered it's trajectory by an inch or two.

Guillard is moving his head forward and bringing his body down, it probably amplified the power of Cerrone's kick.

Fedor's defense is legendary, though. He's always so calm that he can react intelligently. In a moment where he has to make a split-second decision, it almost seems like he's had time to think it out.

Fedor's defense is legendary, though. He's always so calm that he can react intelligently. In a moment where he has to make a split-second decision, it almost seems like he's had time to think it out.

No disagreement there either. Fedor's mental toughness is just as likely to have been the deciding factor in that fight. I have no doubt in my mind he was in pain and also winded himself, but at no time during the fight did that appear to be evident.

No disagreement there either. Fedor's mental toughness is just as likely to have been the deciding factor in that fight. I have no doubt in my mind he was in pain and also winded himself, but at no time during the fight did that appear to be evident.

Mirko damaged him a lot, but Fedor wasn't let pain stop him from winning.

Fedor took many strong kicks and punches. So did Mirko BTW.

Round 1 was very intense.

Fedor was pushing the action, CC was backing up, evading Fedor's punches with amazing speed and counterstriking very well, but Fedor just pushed trough everything.

After taking that glancing kick to the head and just walking forward, I can hear the Terminator theme from Judgement Day:)

Fedor tired CC out with his pressure. CC's chin surprised me a bunch of times too.

Back